Project Related Questions to be asked in a Interview

I have made a project on Point of Sale.It is a web based application,runs on an Intranet network.

Front-End---Asp.net
Back-End---Sqlserver
IDE ---Visual Studio 2012

It is an inventory management system.
Admin can create user,enter data for new product,supplier & new customer.Purchase or sell a product,can have a overview of purchase,sale,stock & cashbook entries
User can purchase or sell a product,view purchase & sale entries.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ...and you want to know what kind of questions will be asked in the Interview? It'd be great if you could list the specific questions you want to ask. 😀
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Nice thread raguram.I am eager to find the questions and answers related to project.Would be glad if a thread explaining possible areas of questions and that can be expected.

If i was a recruiter I will ask following questions :
    1) Main purpose of project and its working?
    2)How you can justify that it is far better than existing system?
    3)What us the project outcome(result ) and what can be updated/upgraded to get better result?
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Hmm....seems like you picked up a domain you know nothing about. May be start with getting a good idea of the terms - not for exam but for your own good. Point of Sale (PoS) is used at the selling point, like what you see at billing counter in departmental stores. Similarly inventory management system is where you manage inventory. If it's doing everything that you have mentioned, then it's an ERP system.
  • raghuramrps27
    raghuramrps27
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    Nice thread raguram.I am eager to find the questions and answers related to project.Would be glad if a thread explaining possible areas of questions and that can be expected.

If i was a recruiter I will ask following questions :
    1) Main purpose of project and its working?
    2)How you can justify that it is far better than existing system?
    3)What us the project outcome(result ) and what can be updated/upgraded to get better result?

2---The current POS system are not web based applications.we need to install the application in every client systems.Then there are hassle of upgradation, co-ordination but my POS will be installed only in the admin system and implemented through intranet network,evry client system would be called by their IP addresses.

3---As i mentioned admin can view the stock details so that he will be aware of the products he need to fill with,sale report will give him idea abt which prodt is in high demand also price regulation i.e the user is selling it at the defined price or not.
    Main results are the reports which we get,sale report,purchase report,stock report.
    Also we can get this report with datewise searches i.e between 1/10/13 to 10/10/13
  • raghuramrps27
    raghuramrps27
    Anand Tamariya
    Hmm....seems like you picked up a domain you know nothing about. May be start with getting a good idea of the terms - not for exam but for your own good. Point of Sale (PoS) is used at the selling point, like what you see at billing counter in departmental stores. Similarly inventory management system is where you manage inventory. If it's doing everything that you have mentioned, then it's an ERP system.

You r right we were assigned this proj by the clg and what the guide said I had posted here, it is currently in the coding stage and database connectivity is over,design part is over. I hv my intrw on 19th Oct and there r going to be lot of questions frm this n i don''t knw what sort of questn that may be ,so I am asking it here.So ask d questns n I'll search fr d answers

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

can we use alcohol blend biodiesel in vehicles
Mozilla have merged their Opensource Flash/SWF player 'Shumway' in the latest nightly builds of Firefox web browser. Mozilla's Shumway is an open web-native SWF (Adobe flash) runtime environment with the...
'Smart launcher' is very attractive launcher for Android phones which will give you Ubuntu touch's Unity experience. Smart launcher is consuming very low amount of resources (around 7-8 MB for...
Since I came to know that most latest gnome applications are written in Vala, My urge of learning it has increased at it's peak. As far as I know, Vala...
Hello all, I just wanted to know wat is the use of MLDB Panel...and wat are the compaonents used in its design,i know its full form i.e. main lighting distribution...