Project On Sixth Sense Technology!

Hi guys!

I am coming to final year and its time to decide about my project.

I wanna do my project on Sixth Sense Technology. Is it possible to do that as a final year computer science project? But, no much information is available for me on the net except the videos which shows about its working?

Replies

• Vega
    Vega
    Could you please describe briefly abt the idea itself? I am not getting it.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Vega
    Could you please describe briefly abt the idea itself? I am not getting it.
    Just I want to do project on Sixth Sense Technology. I am asking that is it possible for me or not? I am not getting much information about it. So guys, would you please suggest me.
  • whiz.kid.aniket
    whiz.kid.aniket
    Watch this ---->The thrilling potential of SixthSense technology | Pranav Mistry - YouTube
    Sixth Sense Technology by: Mr. Pranav Mistry

#-Link-Snipped-#

Hope this might help!
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    sahithi pallavi
    Hi guys!

I am coming to final year and its time to decide about my project.

I wanna do my project on Sixth Sense Technology. Is it possible to do that as a final year computer science project? But, no much information is available for me on the net except the videos which shows about its working?
    I too had thought about goin on with the project last year(was in 2nd year IT) around feb end/march beginning. the Sixth sense video 1st came out in feb 2009 and I was lucky to see it while browsing through MITs website. I had thought about going on with this project as at that time it was not a widely known thing. I wouldn't be developing something new but could have added something to the development. So i gathered a small team of 3 and tried to get started. Then I stumbled upon the problem. Getting the required harware. Everything was fine except the hand help lcd projector. It was not available in India so asked my uncle in US to inquire about it and was surprised that it wasn't available(the same model) even in Target or Wallmart. Tried online sites too but wasn't getting the thing I wanted. So eventually skipped the idea. It would be available by now I guess. Didn't check out later.

My suggestion regarding that project is that do not try and recreate what he is doing. 'Cos by the time you do it, Pranav Mistry is going to put the softwares out on Open Source and the hardware will be available ready made in DIY stores.

If you really want to do something on that topic then think about adding some new functionally(both with hardware and software) and increasing its scope. Or create some program that will enhance its usage or bring some new functionally to it.

For eg making it possible to download files through torrents. This will entail making it possible to run torrent apps on phone(J2me to the rescue) and storing it on phone's memory card until it's being transferred to the computer. remember the basic success of this sixth sense device lies in high speed wifi internet connectivity and good storage space with efficient apps to support all that work.

This can be a challenging task cos you will have to get a high speed(processor) phone with good internet connection and some good programming skills. If you are ready to do it in a short span of time then take it up. Cos any kind of delay with this will see ready made toys coming up in the markets and you will still be making one. That will render your project non viable.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Thanks for your suggestions optimystix!
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    you're welcome sahithi.

do let me know if you are carrying on with that project. I would like to see what you are doing 😀
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    While I am in thinking process now whether to go or not!

Thanks 😀
  • rajeshnist
    rajeshnist
    The project on sixth sense mainly based on image processing concept.So You can get more by doing some research on image processing.
    bye
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Thanks for your suggestion rajeshnist. 😀
  • netizen.cute
    netizen.cute
    Hi guys!

I am a final year student of information technology .I have to do my major project.

I have read about Sixth Sense Technology because its my hobby to explore new technology. and i also wanna do my project on Sixth Sense Technology with u all.So will u guide me what all i have to do to be part of your project.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Hello netizen,

Well, I am not going with this project.

We are always happy to help you.
  • nivedita.hatti
    nivedita.hatti
    optimystix
    I too had thought about goin on with the project last year(was in 2nd year IT) around feb end/march beginning. the Sixth sense video 1st came out in feb 2009 and I was lucky to see it while browsing through MITs website. I had thought about going on with this project as at that time it was not a widely known thing. I wouldn't be developing something new but could have added something to the development. So i gathered a small team of 3 and tried to get started. Then I stumbled upon the problem. Getting the required harware. Everything was fine except the hand help lcd projector. It was not available in India so asked my uncle in US to inquire about it and was surprised that it wasn't available(the same model) even in Target or Wallmart. Tried online sites too but wasn't getting the thing I wanted. So eventually skipped the idea. It would be available by now I guess. Didn't check out later.

My suggestion regarding that project is that do not try and recreate what he is doing. 'Cos by the time you do it, Pranav Mistry is going to put the softwares out on Open Source and the hardware will be available ready made in DIY stores.

If you really want to do something on that topic then think about adding some new functionally(both with hardware and software) and increasing its scope. Or create some program that will enhance its usage or bring some new functionally to it.

For eg making it possible to download files through torrents. This will entail making it possible to run torrent apps on phone(J2me to the rescue) and storing it on phone's memory card until it's being transferred to the computer. remember the basic success of this sixth sense device lies in high speed wifi internet connectivity and good storage space with efficient apps to support all that work.

This can be a challenging task cos you will have to get a high speed(processor) phone with good internet connection and some good programming skills. If you are ready to do it in a short span of time then take it up. Cos any kind of delay with this will see ready made toys coming up in the markets and you will still be making one. That will render your project non viable.
    hi, i am planning to do sixth sense technology for my final year.how about its hardware and software availability? can i do that within four months.
  • nivedita.hatti
    nivedita.hatti
    hi, i am planning to do sixth sense technology for my final year.how about its hardware and software availability? can i do that within four months.
  • ashikkurisingal
    ashikkurisingal
    im a final year student.....could you pls describe the idea about 6 sense
  • ashikkurisingal
    ashikkurisingal
    d
    nivedita.hatti
    o u hv an idea about it
  • Vineet8904
    Vineet8904
    I am also planning to do project based on sixth sense. i think making a whatsapp group willl be more helpful to discuss our knowledge.Those who are interested can comment your numbers below.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

do we get the combustion completed if we use two spark plugs. if we use less quality fuel..........
I have a problem with my blog and I need suggestions to it. I put it in this section 'cos I think it can be a good topic for debate...
I read quite a few posts in this section regarding site suggestions and would like to give my feedback too. We could have a market section where Ceans could trade/buy/sell...
Source: Technology Review: Packing More into Lithium Batteries Researchers at Stanford University have developed an electrode that can be used to make more energy-dense lithium-sulfur batteries. If issues surrounding life-cycle...
please help me out in makink full duplex data and vioce transiever using laser as meduim of transmission