Project Idea - Intelligent traffic control system that takes decisions on its own

Hello Everyone,
I am working on an intelligent traffic light control system as my final year project.
More like a traffic system that can take decisions on its own. It will be a three way traffic system. I plan to use cameras that will acquire images of on coming vehicles from the different lanes and this will judge what lane to pass and what lane to stop. I am afraid this will require some sort of image processing. I am ashamed to say I really don't know where to start from. I have no idea what kind of circuit diagram to use and how to process whatever image I will be acquiring. I will appreciate it if someone can help me out. I intend to use LabVIEW or any other language that will make my work easier.
Thanks.

Replies

• Avishkar Gote
    Avishkar Gote
    Hi,
    For your intelligent traffic control system you can use the idea of microprosseor. It will help you to keep free flow of traffic and pedistrian. Use Gaokar book of microprosseor and programmig of 8085. In this book you will get the flow chart and written programme for your project
    All The Best!!
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Do not post Email ID on Public Forum.
  • Zoodie
    Zoodie
    I agree with Avi...! You can take help from the idea of microprocessor, That will moderate your traffic and will put you on ease to to control the traffic in the easy way. I hope that would be helpful for you.. Thank you.
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Japanese ZOOM - a leading company that manufactures music production related gadgets like professional audio recorders, Guitar Multi-Effects Processors etc. has released ZOOM R8 - a multi-track recorder. The R8...
IIMB (IIM Bangalore) official website has been hacked and the site is no longer available. I tried accessing the site and continuously getting 'Problem Loading Page' error message. The Google...
The Launch Authorisation Board (LAB) for PSLV-C16/RESOURCESAT-2 mission, which met on April 16, 2011 at Satish Dhawan Space Centre - SHAR, Sriharikota has cleared the launch of PSLV-C16 at 10:12...
Hi, I want to do modal analysis for a rocket that is subjected to various accelerations (like 9g, 18g). I want to wonder if the modal analysis results are different...
Recent reports on the matter suggest that an unnamed “high-ranking” executive confirmed that Samsung will be able to “release a 2Ghz dual core CPU-equipped smartphone by next year.” Moreover, rumor...