Project idea for underground water level detector

I am having a look at the topic underground water level detector for my project... I was thinking based on the idea of passing some waves and getting it reflected back and measuring the distance with speed and time but this will not work as water does not reflect back any wave..... After browsing for hours found about geoelectric survery need more info about this and its implementation...........

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    subinrobin
    I am having a look at the topic underground water level detector for my project... I was thinking based on the idea of passing some waves and getting it reflected back and measuring the distance with speed and time but this will not work as water does not reflect back any wave..... After browsing for hours found about geoelectric survery need more info about this and its implementation...........
    Right now government using Inset for such water sensing but its use for civilian is not allowed. but using some high strenght wave we can check it.
  • subinrobin
    subinrobin
    godfather
    Right now government using Inset for such water sensing but its use for civilian is not allowed. but using some high strenght wave we can check it.
    could you tell more about Inset
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    subinrobin
    could you tell more about Inset
    en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_National_Satellite_System
  • subinrobin
    subinrobin
    godfather
    en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_National_Satellite_System
    can i do a project on this topic
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The problem is water is not present as a sheet of water underground but as a filler for the pores of the soil deep down. There is a general ground water level and even a flow. However, no waves can detect it because of interference by the soil itself. Geologists do use electric resistance measurements for studying underground mineral formations. They also use shock wave propagation. by setting off small explosions and monitoring reflected waves. As far as I know this is not suited for water divination.
    GRACE (the Gravity Recovery and Climate Experiment) using satellites designed to detect changes in gravity can detect ground water level differences as small as 1 cm but over very large areas.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    This is not a single person project. Needs too much equipment, people, budget and time.
    If you can tell us your other areas of interest, probably some one may come up with some ideas.
    I am reminded of Balachandar's movie, 'Thanneer, Thanneer':
  • subinrobin
    subinrobin
    bioramani
    The problem is water is not present as a sheet of water underground but as a filler for the pores of the soil deep down. There is a general ground water level and even a flow. However, no waves can detect it because of interference by the soil itself. Geologists do use electric resistance measurements for studying underground mineral formations. They also use shock wave propagation. by setting off small explosions and monitoring reflected waves. As far as I know this is not suited for water divination.
    GRACE (the Gravity Recovery and Climate Experiment) using satellites designed to detect changes in gravity can detect ground water level differences as small as 1 cm but over very large areas.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    This is not a single person project. Needs too much equipment, people, budget and time.
    If you can tell us your other areas of interest, probably some one may come up with some ideas.
    I am reminded of Balachandar's movie, 'Thanneer, Thanneer':
    I am interested in socio economic projects.... Some ideas for that
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Have you heard of Engineers Withoout Borders?
    Join them and find out how you can contribute:
    Engineers Without Borders, India

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What other online activities these days should be taxed? Sound out in the comments! (and I might just create a Part 2 of this if I get too lazy!) And...
Have you seen popular Hollywood movie: Surrogates. If yes, you must be wondering that Bruce Willis was struggling in a world dominated by realistic robots that were controlled by humans...
Have completed my n+ and ccna training,now preparing for cert.But still in a dilemma, are these certs really helpful spending nearly 20k bucks on them? I have been looking for...
Hai this is govind from vizag ,studying 4th mechanical .I am here to know some important topics about future projects ,i hope this site helps me for some extent.