Project for physically challenged people?

Can somebody come out and give some ideas for final year project for physically challenged people..
I am not able to get any thing new. If any of u help me out in giving some new ideas then it would be helpful....

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    It is not clear if the project is to develop some thing for the physically challenged or to be conducted by the physically challenged.
    Whichever it is, unless the disability is also spelt out it will be difficult for anyone to offer suggestions.
    [​IMG]
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Ok, here's one idea that popped up in my mind while reading your post. Why not develop an audio-feedback mechanism system for the blind people? Develop a system that detects the most common objects (obstacles) and informs the user about it? For example, how wonderful it would be if the system could notice a road and inform the user that the road is clear - and he/she can safely cross it? 😀 That'd be a really nice, useful and innovative project!
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The_Big_K
    Ok, here's one idea that popped up in my mind while reading your post. Why not develop an audio-feedback mechanism system for the blind people? Develop a system that detects the most common objects (obstacles) and informs the user about it? For example, how wonderful it would be if the system could notice a road and inform the user that the road is clear - and he/she can safely cross it? 😀 That'd be a really nice, useful and innovative project!
    If the old Polaroid ultrasonic ranging system can be properly configured, this may be possible.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • arsshyam
    arsshyam
    Ya..... Thanks for your suggestions. The sensor that can detect common obstacles the report the message to the person is something i have never heard of.

I also got an idea where an instrument based on RFID can detect the bus and tell the BUS NUMBER which can help the blind without the help of others.
    Any suggestion on this project??????
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    arsshyam
    Ya..... Thanks for your suggestions. The sensor that can detect common obstacles the report the message to the person is something i have never heard of.

I also got an idea where an instrument based on RFID can detect the bus and tell the BUS NUMBER which can help the blind without the help of others.
    Any suggestion on this project??????
    That has limited use. Asking a sighted person for the bus number is no great problem. Avoiding obstacles is a major help.
    The Polaroid sensor gives the distance. In my opinion the magnitude of the returning signal can be an indication of size. A lot of hardware and software is now available for a vocalized reading out of a display.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Say, Bus number suggestion could be an add-on to the obstacle. The device could read out the bus numbers or even use a maps mashups to inform the user about familiar people in near vicinity, emergency services (and their phone numbers) etc. Possibilities are limitless, you see.
  • arsshyam
    arsshyam
    bioramani
    That has limited use. Asking a sighted person for the bus number is no great problem. Avoiding obstacles is a major help.
    The Polaroid sensor gives the distance. In my opinion the magnitude of the returning signal can be an indication of size. A lot of hardware and software is now available for a vocalized reading out of a display.
    Ya.. Now i have something to workout for my project.
    Is it possible to build everything in a small walking stick with speakers to tell the person abt the obstacle or the information that its safe to cross...

Can u pls brief abt the working of the polaroid sensor???
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    arsshyam
    Ya.. Now i have something to workout for my project.
    Is it possible to build everything in a small walking stick with speakers to tell the person abt the obstacle or the information that its safe to cross...

That is exactly what you can attempt. The head of the walking stich can hose the electronics. The batteries can go into the shaft of the stick. The stick itself should be rigid and light. Its function is not mechanical support but to give feed back on the immediate surroundings. The blind have a very good tactile sense. The stick sends up vibrations which tell what kind of surface is around. Muddy slush (சேறு ) sends up a signal different from wet concrete or granite.

However, the Polaroid transceiver should be aimed forward when held normally by the handle. This gives a guide to the person about which way to point the device.
    There is a simpler alternative used for robotics. Please see if this makes sense. I am not an electronics person, so am unable to comment on the suitability.
    SRF04 Technical Documentation
    Very long back we were trying to build a similar thing using carbon fibre reinforced plastic stick for the blind with similar function. The project got dropped because of other priorities.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    arsshyam
    Google's your best friend. Search and you'll find wonderful stuff.
  • d_vipul
    d_vipul
    voice operated arm is also an good project.
    or voice operated vehicle for bllind as well as for arm disbled people.
  • Anwesha Rath
    Anwesha Rath

Can you please describe about this voice operated arm..and how can it will be helpful!??

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-# I found this interesting project - Easy to build, 3D printed and voice-controlled servo robot arm. The STL files are attached as well. I think the tutorial is easy to follow.

Voice controlled 3D printed ROBOT arm - YouTube

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

This project on radar glasses is interesting:

#-Link-Snipped-#

• shrinidhi satish
    shrinidhi satish

please suggest me some ideas for developing a project useful for agriculture purpose  

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

Agriculture provides lot of employment to the rural population. Better to allow traditional methods for small farmers.

However, irrigation water control and other conservation projects may be benefitted by appropriate monitoring and control systems.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Nowadays most of the vacuum cleaners , have two ports in them, one is the suction port and the other the blower. their working principle is similar to that of...
I'm going to apply for the jobs and looking forward to resume templates. Can anyone suggest the best resume format for resume?
What is the abbreviation of AD in ncc?
First i want to introduce myself ,Im sanchit and m also a crazy engineer ,Computer programming is my area of Interest ,i have started a project which im going accomplish...
Hi Everyone, Is there any method to start the random PSD analysis using output files of MODAL(Vibration) analysis so that the run time reduces? The software used is ANSYS 12.1....