Project Documentation Help

I am making a project that is a website

and if i have to add a feature of forum, chat and polls in that

so will that mean i need to make classes for them in the class diagram

and what all i need to store in the database schema?

Please help its urgent have to submit it tomorrow morning

Shall i show any of these in any of the following diagrams
use case, e-r , dfd, sequence dia , activity dia or architecture dia?

Replies

• sookie
    sookie
    Hi sarveshgupta,

Your question is not clear but still making a try to answer it to some extent. Your question states that "You are making some site and want to add some new features to it but we are not supposed to think of it as you are interested in some diagrams and stuff right ?"

First thing , you need to make clear which diagram you want to make

1. use-case : Go for it, if you want to show the functionality of your site.
    2. E-R diagram : They are used to show the database structure of your project.
    3. DFD[Data Flow diagram] : Self- explanatory
    4. Sequence Diagram : Self- explanatory
    5. Architecture Diagram : Go for it, if you want to show the design of your entire project.

Regarding what all you should store in the database ? As per me, you should be clear what you want to keep for record's sake and in what manner you are making your UI. Until, you are not clear about design of your project yourself , there is no point in asking questions.

Feel free to ask questions but after thinking yourself a bit. 😀
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    hey sookie thanks

but actually all other things for the project that is the website were clear

and since i wanted to add a feature of forums on the site i wanted to know what all data need to be stored for a forum say for example crazyengineers

that is i wanted to know the things that are important to be stored such as thread or topic number, tag, pm, post related attributes. so that i can show that in database schema.

and regarding the diagrams i know what these diagrams are for

what i wanted to ask was where in which of these diagrams shall i show these forums?
  • sookie
    sookie
    sarveshgupta
    hey sookie thanks
    and regarding the diagrams i know what these diagrams are for

what i wanted to ask was where in which of these diagrams shall i show these forums?
    Good that you know about the diagrams but depending on what specifically you want to show in your project , pick up that kind of diagram. According to me, you should go for simple DFDfor showing the flow of your site and ER Diagram for showing the Database part of your site. No need of going in other diagrams.

sarveshgupta
    and since i wanted to add a feature of forums on the site i wanted to know what all data need to be stored for a forum say for example crazyengineers

that is i wanted to know the things that are important to be stored such as thread or topic number, tag, pm, post related attributes. so that i can show that in database schema.
    Regarding this, I guess the owner of this site can answer much better than me. If not, I will try to answer that. 😀
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    Actually you are not understanding what i am trying to say

I know which diagram to make what it is for and i have made them also

but the point is that you know that we show the features of our project in these

whether functionality or database related things

similarly i have incorporated all the features in these dia that needed to be shown in respective dia but now

it is just that i am confused what i shoud do with the feature of forum

does it represent a functionality of a site if it is an added feature of online hospital kind of site and not a forum site or it just needs to be shown in database

i think it must be shown into database schema instead of any other dia

and what i want to know is what will be the attributes for a general forum of any owner or any sort Take for example crazyengineers
    what fields are stored in a db schema of crazyengineers
    is it thread no, topic no , user id or what else ?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi

hi all, I hope to make new friends here 😀
Do you have a live chat software on your website? Does having a live chat software help in increasing ROI? What are other kinds of live chat software that are...
Bangalore: Indian IT firms reject 90 percent of college graduates and 75 percent of engineers who apply for jobs because they are not good enough to be trained, according to...
Hi guys I need to find the natural frequency of 1st mode of vibration of a cantilever beam. Its not of a single material. How do you suggest i go...
Given: sin^(-1)(y)=2cos^(-1)(x) Prove that😔 y)^2= 4(x)^2 [(1-(x)^2 )]