Project and Project Name

Hello, for my final year major project, I have made two projects. One is java desktop application similar to "Student Information Management System". And the other one is java web application for an online learning center. Both of them are live projects.

My problem here is I am not able to find a suitable name for my projects. One of my college teachers suggested me that i should choose a different and an uncommon name for my projects so that they do not look similar to any xyz project that is easily available with same name on the internet.....
How far this approach is correct....?? 😕

And please do suggest me the names for my projects...

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The projects you've chosen have been done many times in different forms. I believe changing the name just to appear different isn't the right thing to do. We've thousands of ideas shared through project ideas section, why not pick up two-three ideas and combine them to come up with something innovative?

If you're going to work on Java, why not make a Java Mobile App?
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    Thank you Big K for your reply. But I am already done with these projects. Just a bit of polishing is left. And my internship is also about to end. So can't go for different projects at this point of time...
    I know that these are very common project; but i choose them because they are live. Infact, I have made my first project for the Computer Science Department of my own college. 😛 So i did them.
    The only thing I can do now is to choose a good name for them... and that is why i am asking for suggestions....

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi fellow CEans. I thought I would start a new topic listing Electrical and Electronics safety tips and best practices for all of us CEans to help add to. The...
Hii Can anyone please explain me the output of this code int main() { int i=0; while(+(+i--)!=0) i -= i++; printf("%d",i); getchar(); return 0; } I found it at :-...
I have made this poster about CrazyEngineers, which will be sent to various engineering colleges that look for media partnership with us. Have a look: I would like if you...
Does that really happen ?
Me and my team is going to design a solar powered car. And for that I am involved in making the chassis part that is to be made with steel...