Programming in robots

I have interested in learning the programming for robots. I want to move the robots by my programming.so, for which what programming language should i learn and what is the way and what is the career in this field?

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    C, C++ & C# most useful.
    But Java is also useful in Lego Mindstorm.

Some applications you need to look upon are :
    Fedora Robotics Spin : spins.fedoraproject.org/en/robotics/#downloads (I suggest you to go for linux fedora 17 distro as it is stable than 18)

OpenRDK : openrdk.sourceforge.net/

CARMEN : carmen.sourceforge.net/

Fawkes : #-Link-Snipped-#

Player : playerstage.sourceforge.net/

Robot Operating System : Google it 😀

Hope this helps 😀
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    It depends. Though most of the processor based systems will directly support ASM & C. If you're loading an OS, then you've a possibility for others like Java. Mostly the high complexity robots will be loaded with Linux or RTOS (like VxWorks).

In broader terms, C language is the way to go.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Few days ago I wrote an exam of Engineering Graphics. Total marks = 70, Problems I can solve = 70. But because of the time limit, I was unable to...
Michael Grab uses only gravity to perform feats of balanced rock sculpture. No mgic, no glue, just skill. https://www.gravityglue.com/?page_id=21 You do not believe yourself even after seeing the explicit videos.
Hi people, Can you please suggest some good institutes in Pune for short term(3-4 months) VLSI/Embedded Systems course? People from Pune please help in this regard. It would be appreciated.
hey guys.. this is an interesting thing i came across... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-21150721
guyz i just want to know..... Constant defined in operand field of DC pseudo operation are not formed and inserted into program until pass2. Why could not this be done...