Programming in C/C++ under Linux

I'll use this opportunity and ask about programming in C/C++ under Linux.

I've just popped in Fedora 10 in my PC, and I'm wondering how can I make C/C++ applications and executables under Linux. Also, I want to ask if the .NET platform can be used under Linux.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Post moved to a new thread in Computer Science & IT Engineering section.
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    Code::blocks with gcc is good choice for programming on Ubuntu & Fedora.

You can't install .NET platform but there is clones for .NET languages like C# & its clone Mono.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    you can use KDevelop or QT or Eclipse plug ins for C as IDE
  • Corpse-Thrust
    Corpse-Thrust
    Okay, thanks for the info mates.

Is this .NET clone similar to the original .NET's GUI? Or is it different?

The gcc thingy, I guess this is the compiler right? Do I have to download it or is it provided with the Fedora Linux?

Sorry, complete Linux n00b here...
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    Get started with mono #-Link-Snipped-#

Not sure if it's installed by default but Installing GCC- GNU Project is very useful.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    MaRo
    Get started with mono #-Link-Snipped-#

Not sure if it's installed by default but Installing GCC- GNU Project is very useful.

Thanks for the links, MaRo. Mono project looks interesting.
  • pradeep_agrawal
    pradeep_agrawal
    For programming C/C++ under linux i feel the tools gcc, gpp, gdb, make will be useful. FInd below the links for same.

gcc/gpp: Compile C/C++ code
    Link: GCC, the GNU Compiler Collection- GNU Project

gdb: Debugging the executable
    Link: GDB Documentation

make: For handling compilation of multiple files in project
    Link: GDB Documentation

-Pradeep
  • sheeko
    sheeko
    best compiler:gnu

best IDE: netbeans

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Well here are some snaps I took today at the race. Was excited to also ride along in the ffr cobra! 05/23/09 cdc ax bowie - a set on Flickr
Hi CE😛 In this thread we talk about reuse of bik or its componant. Evey year so many bike are going in trush or it will take a corner of...
Hi All, Have you ever tried of spending few minutes on thinking about your DREAM as an engineer ? If don't want to think and have no time - Go...
hey.. can we add up the mass moment of inertia's of different bodies rotating about the same axis to get the total mass moment of inertia of the entire system....?
sir, I am studying 4th year B.Tech.i want the mini project i.e., 8 bit alu design with vhdl code. so,you are kindly requested to post this project .please kindly help...