Professional accounts

Hello everyone. I hope I'm posting this on the right forum.

I'm a college student and I realized that I need professional accounts, such as email and facebook.

I, however, already have these accounts. I don't think changing aliases will do justice to what I really want to achieve. Therefore, I was thinking about deleting my accounts and create new ones.

What do you think? Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    zm-i
    I'm a college student and I realized that I need professional accounts, such as email and facebook.
    For professional account, use LinkedIn.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Abhishek Rawal
    For professional account, use LinkedIn.
    Or CrazyEngineers?
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Or CrazyEngineers?
    How? Not enough fields right? ๐Ÿ‘€
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    zm-i
    Hello everyone. I hope I'm posting this on the right forum.

I, however, already have these accounts. I don't think changing aliases will do justice to what I really want to achieve. Therefore, I was thinking about deleting my accounts and create new ones.

Thank you.
    Having more than one account on any sector is just ballistic and defeats your ultimate purpose - career growth. Grow your 'good' contacts on linkedin, and that's about enough for starters. If you're looking to market a product, then Facebook and Twitter would help.

Keep your original name. eg: mine would be #-Link-Snipped-# - that would leave it professional. If you want more varieties, creates aliases on Hotmail. However some companies require that you use your name but 'their' password to work on Facebook, in that case you'll have to create another account anyways.

And besides, most companies give you a company e-mail id to use, so whatever 'professional' id that you create on any other e-mailer platform can be used as your personal id/junk mail id/backup id as well.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Anoop Mathew
    How? Not enough fields right? ๐Ÿ‘€
    โ˜•.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Kaustubh Katdare
    โ˜•.
    Thinking of outdoing LinkedIn? Me too joining... โ˜•โ˜•โ˜•

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A day before the commencement of Mobile World Congress Microsoft has tried to get some early attention by making a few announcements regarding Windows Phone and Windows 8.1. In a...
Pragyaa-an event of Shri Guru Gobind Singhji Institute of Engineering and Technology, Nanded along with IQB Technologies, Delhi is organizing a workshop on robotics on the 27th of Feb,2014. All...
At Mobile World Congress 2013, Mozilla announced its Firefox OS. At Mobile World Congress 2014, it launched seven new handsets that will be available worldwide except the US. Mozilla also...
Huawei has now announced the launch of three new devices at the pre-MWC event in Barcelona. Out of the three, two are tablets, the MediaPad M1 and the MediaPad X1,...
Infosys is getting a revamp under the leadership of Narayana Murthy, who's joined back to make sure that the company continues on its growth path. As part of the changes...