Products Bought From Online Shopping Websites Might Not Be Covered Under Warranty

A few days ago during the Flipkart Billion Dollar Sale Is A Scam Or What? I came across an #-Link-Snipped-# that highlighted the fact that some companies are not choosing to give you free warranty for certain products that are being sold on Indian online stores such as Flipkart, Amazon and Snapdeal. The person has managed to aggregate the press releases from various companies that explicitly state that won’t be honouring the warranties if the product has not been bought from registered dealers and resellers. While companies like Flipkart and Amazon claim that all the products they sell are genuine and offer manufacturer warranty this report contradicts their statements.

Forum members are requested to #-Link-Snipped-# and various source links and help us figure out what is the exact reason for companies to resort to such measures.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The 67-hour countdown for the launch of India's navigation satellite IRNSS 1C began today at the spaceport of Sriharikota. The IRNSS 1C is the third of seven satellites in a...
I just want a guideline as to what topic I should choose for my paper presentation,I am currently pursuing my 3 yr ,and please suggest topics apart from networks and...
Please share quotes on Computer Science Engineering. Thanks.
Here's the uploaded four cheatsheet for GDB. PS : I am not aware of its source so am not pushing it into 'Downloads' section.
i studied Btech mechanical engineering and i am 2014 passed out. i want to know the best placement consultancies for Mechanical in Chennai/banglore/hyderabad. thank you.