Process oriented or Time oriented

*sigh*.
I somehow dont like process orientation. Thought personally I jot down things to do list , I follow it , i complete and feel good about it, at work level, I some how dont prefer process orientation. I feel its kind of slagging in the work, to be clear I tend to give importance to work being completed rather than all the intrim procedures and processes to be followed which I feel is a mere time waste . Meetings are included in these processes . I dont know if this is correct perception what i developed over a period of time.

What would you follow process orientation or getting the work done fast and in what circumstances ?

Replies

• Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Depends, what are the future plans of the project / job.

Consider two scenarios:
    1. Working for a small assignment which is going to get over with in a month or so. - I would love to work in a time oriented fashion, which will complete my assignment in a faster and better way.

2. Working for a project which will last for more then a year or so - I had to go by process oriented methadology, other wise it would become preety tough for me to maintain / track the work i am doing in the later phase of the project. Also process will help for others if my project will expand in future,

So now its on situation which way I wanna proceed further,

-CrazyGirl

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

*ahem* I wanted to share this case study what i did yesterday as a aprt of my course work_project management ( yup, I need to take up one mandaory management...
Fir those who purse M.E and who in need with VLSI project can get topics from here On VLSI design of rank order filtering using DCRAM architecture (IEEE 2007) A...
*sigh* We have seen apple not allowing few apps becasue they dont comply to terms and agreements.But what about showing the locations of nearest drug hotspots in I POD apps?...
can anyone suggest me a minor project in dbms😕 it should be fresh and new one please i am desperate
goto start->run->type "gpedit.msc"->select "user configuration"->select "Adminisrative templates"->select "Desktop"->select "Remove recycle bin from desktop"->select "enable"->press "ok". then close the window and "Refresh" your desktop then see...