Problems understanding a circuit

Hey there guys....i need some help to understand the following schematic that can be found in the attached document. I dont have a background in electronics at all so this looks like french to me!!! Would be greatful for all your help

PDF

Refering to schematic 5 in appendix C, i have the following questions?

1. How does one go about designing this circuit ie what are the formulaes that are used, how do you know where to place each component, how do you determine the values of the various components.

2. I know what the basic purpose of the amplifiers are for but how do they actually function? What are each of the components used for?

3. what does the envelope detector do? What do each of the components do?.

4. What is the purpose of the 5 not gates in this circuit?

5. What are the functions of the following components: C19,R21,C27,D9?

6. what would the signal waves look at at these various points of this circuit: at the input or carrierdata, after the high pass filter, after the tuned amp, after C27, after the untuned amp, after D9, after the envelope detector but before U2:E and after U2:E

The following are my questions regarding this circuit. Please help.

Replies

• reachrkata
    reachrkata
    The main idea of using Schematic page 5 is given on Page 4 of the same document. It is a 120 kHz carrier detector. It gives the calculations for the components too.

Just go through the entire document once. It should give you good idea of whats going on.

-Karthik
    😁
  • preeste
    preeste
    Hey kartik. Thanks for replying to the post. The thing is i went through this document a million times and i understand what the input and output of the circuit is meant to be but it still makes no sense. Still refering to schematic 5 in appendix c:what are the purpose of the not gates in this circuit, is the area marked a tuned amplifier really a amplifier because should an amplifier not contain either transistors or op-amps. Please help! Its not that i have not been through this document but that the explanation of the circuits itself is too brief. Please take a look at my questions and see if you can help. Thank you😀
  • saurabh2486
    saurabh2486
    Envelope Detector

check this out and check maxim ic bidirectional current sensing amplifier i think this might help you

www.[B]ic[/B]-on-line.cn/iol_4069/datasheet_list/4069.htm

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i have problem in my USB mouse. when i pluged the mouse in my computer it works till windows start. . After windows start it is not working......... why it...
😎hi..frnds im new to CE.i want to know more about this CE.i dnt have any frnds here.....is anybody there for me......
-New Product Brings Modern 3D Modeling to Mainstream Plant Design and Engineering Projects- Aberdeen, UK: 10 September 2009 - Autodesk, Inc. today announces the availability of AutoCAD Plant 3D 2010,...
I want to use xml as a database in my web project... But I don't know how can I use this......... Please help me..................
hi friends i will required some sheet as per IS-800 2007 calculation of i-beam please help