Problem with Yahoo Messenger : Urgent help needed

Hello Folks,

First of all, 'Hi' to all of you!

Before describing the problem, let me first give my system configuration.

Processor - Pentium IV 2.8 GHz
Motherboard - D101 GGC
RAM - 512 MB

I m facing a problem with Yahoo messenger, while tryingto connect to voice chat. And the problem is that whenever I try to connect voice chat with any other person, I can hear his voice but the other person isn't able to hear me.

I have confirmed that my sound drivers are working properly. I have two panels for mic, front and back panel, but my front panel works as backpanel as it is connected to back panel through wires. Front panel isn't directly attached to the motherboard as there is no such jack in my cabinet for this.

I have selected the mic input sound to the "mic volume " out of the four available options (i.e. CD volume, FrontMic, mic volume and line volume) in the Control Panel.

But now the main problem arises. When I connect to voice chat on Yahoo Messenger, the mic input sound (in control panel->sounds and audio devices) is automatically changed to FrontMic from the Mic Volume. As my Front panel mic works as the back panel mic, so there is no input sound to the PC. And the messenger window shows the muted microphone.

I have included all the points inthe problem description. So is there anyway I could get rid of this problem?

Comments are eagerly awaited....

Regards,

Satendra Chaudhary

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    chaudharyssv
    Hello Folks,

First of all, 'Hi' to all of you!

Before describing the problem, let me first give my system configuration.

Processor - Pentium IV 2.8 GHz
    Motherboard - D101 GGC
    RAM - 512 MB

I m facing a problem with Yahoo messenger, while tryingto connect to voice chat. And the problem is that whenever I try to connect voice chat with any other person, I can hear his voice but the other person isn't able to hear me.

I have confirmed that my sound drivers are working properly. I have two panels for mic, front and back panel, but my front panel works as backpanel as it is connected to back panel through wires. Front panel isn't directly attached to the motherboard as there is no such jack in my cabinet for this.

I have selected the mic input sound to the "mic volume " out of the four available options (i.e. CD volume, FrontMic, mic volume and line volume) in the Control Panel.

But now the main problem arises. When I connect to voice chat on Yahoo Messenger, the mic input sound (in control panel->sounds and audio devices) is automatically changed to FrontMic from the Mic Volume. As my Front panel mic works as the back panel mic, so there is no input sound to the PC. And the messenger window shows the muted microphone.

I have included all the points inthe problem description. So is there anyway I could get rid of this problem?

Comments are eagerly awaited....

Regards,

Satendra Chaudhary
    Hi Satendra,

Its good that you have explained your problem in detail. Let us try troubleshooting your problem -

1. First of all, are you sure that the problem is with Yahoo Messenger? To check that, can you try recording voice using Windows Sound recorder?

2. Are you using 'Dial' feature of YM or trying to connect to voice enabled chatroom?

I'll ask Rahul to take a look at your problem. He might help.

-The Big K-
  • chaudharyssv
    chaudharyssv
    Hi The Big K,

First of all, thnx for the response.

I m able to record the sound using the windows sound recorder and even JetAudio recorder also and I m using the "Call" button at the top left hand corner of an instant message window for calling my friends computer...

The recording works only when I select the "Mic Volume" in the control panel's sound and audio devices settings.

But when I "Call" to my friend, the check box of "Front Mic" gets selected automatically. And after this selection, I m not able to record the sound using the sound recorder.

So the whole story is that the sound is recorded only when the "Mic Volume" is selected. Also it should be remembered that my front panel is connected to the back panel and thus works as the back panel.

Help me to sort out this problem.

Regards,

Satendra Chaudhary
  • crook
    crook
    Hi, you must have tried following options. It seems that the problem is actually with Yahoo Messenger. Please try out following if you still haven't -
    1. Go to Yahoo Messenger Preferences > Calling & Audio > Select corret devices for microphone. Check 'Do not modify my mixer settings' option so that your default options do not get modified on the run time.
    2. Run the call setup assistant. You would immediately come to know if the problem has been fixed. Try selecting various options there. Say ok to the option that works.
    I think that should solve your problem. It has nothing to do with the drivers. I doubt if it has anything to do with the sound card. Do you have an onboard soundcard? Or you have the one that fits into the PCI slot?
  • chaudharyssv
    chaudharyssv
    Hi Crook,

Thnx for ur suggestions...its working now...Great!

Regards,

Satendra

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello Folks, This is Satendra Chaudhary, a new CEan. And my intro follows: - Name: Satendra Chaudhary *Engineering Trade: Computer Science & Engineering Location:New Delhi, but studying in Rajasthan *Occupation:...
Here is TuL!P, a new CEan. And my intro is: Name: TuL!P Engineering Trade: Computer Science & Engineering Location: Lahore, Pakistan Occupation: Student of MCS (2nd semester) Work Experience: N/A...
Got this poem through e-mail. ************************************************* The name is good, the brand is big But the work I do is that of a pig The work or the brand; what...
I was wondering if anyone here ever took pains to read 'A Brief History Of Time' by Stephen Hawking. The book is simply Amazing!๐Ÿ˜ I recommend it to everyone who...
the thread title says it all. this thread is all about the scientific CRAZY doubts/ideas that u have/had/created. first up let me start: consider a ferocious hurricane galloping a city.and...