Problem with Motor Driver

I would like to know whether can i use L298 driver IC to drive a motor of around 20-30kg torque (loaded)?
A problem which i encounter normally with this ic is...it works properly in one direction but in other direction the ic gets heated up and the motor stops working...wat could be d fault?
Is der any readymade driver board available which can deliver upto 5-7A current?Please giv the specifications 4 d same.

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Ramnik Mota
    I would like to know whether can i use L298 driver IC to drive a motor of around 20-30kg torque (loaded)?
    A problem which i encounter normally with this ic is...it works properly in one direction but in other direction the ic gets heated up and the motor stops working...wat could be d fault?
    Is der any readymade driver board available which can deliver upto 5-7A current?Please giv the specifications 4 d same.
    It is getting heated up? can you please post the circuit diagram you are using?
    well about the Torque of 20-30 Kg i am not sure that this will work. you have to go with higher rating Motor driver Chip.
  • Ramnik Mota
    Ramnik Mota
    my ircuit diagram is similar to this one
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Ramnik Mota
    my ircuit diagram is similar to this one
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Circuit Seems Ok as there is Protection diode so there is no other reason to be heated. Kindly check with the some less load.
  • Ramnik Mota
    Ramnik Mota
    godfather
    Circuit Seems Ok as there is Protection diode so there is no other reason to be heated. Kindly check with the some less load.
    thanx..........can u suggts some driver which can deliver upto 8-10A current?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi Ceans, I recently came accross a new feature in gmail and its really amazing and thought of sharing it with you guys!! Google has been recently bringing up new...
On 31st march at 8:29 pm the 500 MW plant at khaparkheda was synchronised and produced 82 MW. this is a boon to the people as it will meet the...
im a student in electrical course. [IMG]https://twitpic.com/4fxrcf[/IMG] i cant understand the circuit given to me.. the function of the transistor, the NAND gate and why they placing the capacitor and...
I need to plot a Stribeck curve for a lubricant over all regimes of lubrication. I have access to a pin/ball on disk machine. However, in most literature pin on...
Lapping is a surface finishing process used to give a surface finish to articles. It is essentially an abrading process. Very less material can be removed from this process only...