Problem related to cdac

Hey guys!! i wanted to ask something about c-dac , please guide me with your views.I got cdac result today .It is like this:
a+b=59 dac=56 wimc=25 and ditiss(or whatever the name is)=19.
before asking question let me tell you about myself:
I am a very good programmer but my problem is that my throughout percentage for IT is only 57% from pune university, i got 62% in final year.

Now i wanted to ask if i should persue the dac course or not because of my low percentage?So considering that i am a very good programmer(i didn't got placed in college because i never attended a single interview because of active backlogs), would i get chance to sit for all the big companies that come for placements like microsoft, nokia, samsung, nvidia etc.. if i perform very well in the cdac course.

Replies

• prashant.chhabra
    prashant.chhabra
    I talked to one of my friend who did DAC from CDAC bangalore. He told me that every company has their own criteria. Some ask for 60+ %, some ask for only most recent batch of engineering graduates, some ask for two most recent batches, etc and some don't have any criteria.
  • rohitpal
    rohitpal
    I want DAC but I am from ECE and I have 1 year education gap..
    Would it affect placements? (362 are above me in DAC)
  • Copperfield
    Copperfield
    bron_confused
    Hey guys!! i wanted to ask something about c-dac , please guide me with your views.I got cdac result today .It is like this:
    a+b=59 dac=56 wimc=25 and ditiss(or whatever the name is)=19.
    before asking question let me tell you about myself:
    I am a very good programmer but my problem is that my throughout percentage for IT is only 57% from pune university, i got 62% in final year.

Now i wanted to ask if i should persue the dac course or not because of my low percentage?So considering that i am a very good programmer(i didn't got placed in college because i never attended a single interview because of active backlogs), would i get chance to sit for all the big companies that come for placements like microsoft, nokia, samsung, nvidia etc.. if i perform very well in the cdac course.
    I'm in the same situation, friend. 😀 Got Rank 7 in A+B. But I scored 58 percent in my Btech from Rajasthan Tech University (Same story, backlogs and shit.). It's something we have to accept , we won't be getting entry as a fresher into the Major MNCs. What people have advised me is to choose the best company that I can get , and then later work my way through up to bigger companies, on the basis of work experience.
    So where have you applied for?
  • bron_confused
    bron_confused
    I am going to apply for DAC in Pune ACTS. What about you?
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    I feel sorry for you and to reveal, I am in somewhat same situation.
    However what I would say to you is, those two numbers are totally insufficient to describe any persons ability. If you have the talent, you will get a job sooner or later.

As mentioned earlier by someone, MNC's and big companies will most probably have 60% criteria. However dont make a desire to work in Microsoft as a fresher. Even if you get inside there, you will never be handed major jobs. You may be like doing testing or something. The best place to start is always small scale companies who will actually let your hands dirty with some real job. When you will have necessary experience, you can try at MNC. After experience, no one gives a shit about percentage and I assure you, time will come when you will be the one who will reject companies offering you the position. So if you want to earn a real 'experience' then small companies are the way to go. Being not eligible in big company is actually boon & not curse at this moment.
  • prashant.chhabra
    prashant.chhabra
    I am sure if your programming skills are good, you will be hired by good company if not a big MNC.
    Later on you can switch after some work Ex.
    It's not necessary to join bigshot MNC's. Infact some people prefer to join smaller one's to get more exposure.
  • Copperfield
    Copperfield
    bron_confused
    I am going to apply for DAC in Pune ACTS. What about you?
    I agonised over whether to take DAC or DSSD, but have now decided upon DAC from CDAC Pune. I guess I'll see you there!
    By the way, if you're still in Pune, have you tried visiting CDAC to talk to students or staff about this issue?
  • bron_confused
    bron_confused
    Copperfield
    I agonised over whether to take DAC or DSSD, but have now decided upon DAC from CDAC Pune. I guess I'll see you there!
    By the way, if you're still in Pune, have you tried visiting CDAC to talk to students or staff about this issue?
    Yes i visited both sunbeam and acts.The faculty said we will face some difficulties for the dream companies but there will be plenty of chances for other medium companies.And as i had visited acts on saturday no one was present there in the enquiry office, so just had a chat with students over there who were perusing dac. They also said the same thing but still we will get decent oppurtunities. Also there will be some companies whose only criteria will be marks obtained in the DAC exam.
  • shadow_wolf
    shadow_wolf
    i have a similar kind of situation even worse , i failed in class 12th twice , although i do have 60 throughout but a lot of backlogs in BE too ,and in 8th sem currently , is there any chance for me to get placed through CDAC or not , i am a student of IT branch interested in doing DAC from CDAC pune or banglore centers
  • shadow_wolf
    shadow_wolf
    [Prototype]
    I feel sorry for you and to reveal, I am in somewhat same situation.
    However what I would say to you is, those two numbers are totally insufficient to describe any persons ability. If you have the talent, you will get a job sooner or later.

As mentioned earlier by someone, MNC's and big companies will most probably have 60% criteria. However dont make a desire to work in Microsoft as a fresher. Even if you get inside there, you will never be handed major jobs. You may be like doing testing or something. The best place to start is always small scale companies who will actually let your hands dirty with some real job. When you will have necessary experience, you can try at MNC. After experience, no one gives a shit about percentage and I assure you, time will come when you will be the one who will reject companies offering you the position. So if you want to earn a real 'experience' then small companies are the way to go. Being not eligible in big company is actually boon & not curse at this moment.

the only jobs available in smaller firms are software testing , web development , mobile development , work experience on these technologies dont offer much growth , projects that require technical expertise are not outsourced to smaller indian firms , startups (real startups with creative plans )barely hire freshers even if they do then it is from top tier engineering colleges only , smaller firms rarely use technologies like j2ee and dot net application development etc based on whose work experience you can have good career prospects for future , it is extremely important to start your career with these core technologies or start your career with a MNC small or midsized dosent matter

and microsoft requires 70%+ throughout , and you have to be a graduate from a top tier engineering college , and i doubt that they hire experienced employees who had their experience from companies which are not as reputed as MS itself
  • prashant.chhabra
    prashant.chhabra
    shadow_wolf
    the only jobs available in smaller firms are software testing , web development , mobile development , work experience on these technologies dont offer much growth , projects that require technical expertise are not outsourced to smaller indian firms , startups (real startups with creative plans )barely hire freshers even if they do then it is from top tier engineering colleges only , smaller firms rarely use technologies like j2ee and dot net application development etc based on whose work experience you can have good career prospects for future , it is extremely important to start your career with these core technologies or start your career with a MNC small or midsized dosent matter

and microsoft requires 70%+ throughout , and you have to be a graduate from a top tier engineering college , and i doubt that they hire experienced employees who had their experience from companies which are not as reputed as MS itself
    I think you need to search more. One of my friend is working in Software Development and earning 9lakh package. He did work in Google summer of code.
    If you start from small company in web development then initial packages are low but there is growth. There is so much happening in this field and one needs to update himself.

Same is true for mobile application development. Heck one can even start their own company and can start to put apps in Apple apps store, Google play store.
  • shadow_wolf
    shadow_wolf
    prashant.chhabra
    I think you need to search more. One of my friend is working in Software Development and earning 9lakh package. He did work in Google summer of code.
    If you start from small company in web development then initial packages are low but there is growth. There is so much happening in this field and one needs to update himself.

Same is true for mobile application development. Heck one can even start their own company and can start to put apps in Apple apps store, Google play store.
    9 lakh after how many years of experience ?
    and not everyone can run a profitable company in mobile app development , there is a lot happening in web and mobile arena but still these skills are dime a dozen ,for eg creating an app that requires high level image processing etc can only be written by some expert in computer graphics it requires computer science skills more than being an expert in android-sdk or node.js or html5 , even high budget projects that require technical skills are only given to android developers with prior j2ee and core java experience , highly paid ruby on rails developers require prior j2ee experience
  • shadow_wolf
    shadow_wolf
    there is growth like how ? multiply the number of years of experience with 1.1 or 1.2 lakh that will be your CTC , for working so hard and spending so much time on totally worthless projects (making small websites and developing mobile frontends) in the end what will you get ? work experience that isnt hard core technical (you werent working in implementing image manipulation and AI algorithms etc) ,neither it involves gaining knowledge of any business process (like in working in big projects in MNCs , even if the work you did was completely crap) , neither the experience will have any value in project management since these projects dont even require large teams
  • Copperfield
    Copperfield
    #-Link-Snipped-# Where are you staying in Pune? Do you live in a pg/flat or you have a proper residence there?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello. i chose sound localization for my FYP. i am doing computer engineering. i am looking for a sound card that takes multiple inputs and processes them in parallel. please...
I downloaded veoh but i uninstalled it.Eventhough when i open google chrome an additional tab with veoh gets opened.I want to remove that.Please help me.
"Bikes/Scooters need to be driven less than 40km/hr before first service, or else it may lead to an earlier engine complaint." - I heard this from a friend, but can't...
ICODE- 1. Ultimate Coder Ever wondered to experience most challenging coding competition if so, prepare yourself for an exciting journey of wonderful coding world. Be an Ultimate Coder by showing...
IBUILD- 1.Bridge the gap- Ever wondered the functioning of a suspension bridge??? Now in Technovanza’13 you can build your own bridge with the help of popsicle sticks and other materials...