problem of USB ports with HP laptops.

Hi,

I have Hp 6830 US laptop. In this laptop two left side USB ports are not working for the devices which requires power.

Example:- Ports are not working for USB pen drive which will require power from laptop; however these are working for Digital Cam, whic have its own battery...
I am puzzled why its happening so, any clue and suggestion willbe helpful.

Thanks in advance,
-Crazy

Replies

• KINETIC_JOULES
    KINETIC_JOULES
    Try uninstalling the port and then reinstalling it. That same thing happened to me.
    You need to go to your device manager and then click on universal serial bus and uninstall/reinstall it.
    [EDIT]
    Or it might be the pen drive cable.
  • aman gupta
    aman gupta
    ya i hv also faced dis problem...............
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    The power to the USB port from the laptop might have been damaged somehow. Have you ever connected a device in those ports and get a message like:
    "power surge detected in USB port", or something like that?
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    ash
    The power to the USB port from the laptop might have been damaged somehow. Have you ever connected a device in those ports and get a message like:
    "power surge detected in USB port", or something like that?
    No, I have never experienced this message.

However I saw this problem with many of the HP users... Still I think there are some settings which I am missing, which will enable the power management of the USB ports. Waiting for some more tips...

Thanks in advance.
    -Crazy
  • KINETIC_JOULES
    KINETIC_JOULES
    crazyboy
    No, I have never experienced this message.

However I saw this problem with many of the HP users... Still I think there are some settings which I am missing, which will enable the power management of the USB ports. Waiting for some more tips...

Thanks in advance.
    -Crazy
    I have an HP printer, and it has it's own power source. It's a HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One printer scanner copier. My computer got a virus one day and my computer could no longer detect the device. It worked fine on it's own, for it read from my digital camera's card, but my computer still wouldn't recognize the device. We uninstalled/reinstalled the universal serial bus ports, but soon realized the problem was that HP is just screwy. I've had LOADS of people tell me horrible things about their HP devices being "hardheaded". It could be a number of problems. Does it give you a notice tone (that little ding ding) when you unplug/plug a USB device into that port? If not, then the problem is simple: Uninstall/reinstall the USB port. If it does give you that notice tone, then it could very well just be your device being screwy. And I'm sorry if that's the problem.
    Was I of any help?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

market has been seeing multi level rise in the past few years. If industry sources are to be believed, this upward graph has no sign of coming down or...
Dear All memebers, I am glad to speak with you but i need a favor i am planning to apply for engineer australia and they need 3 projects to demonstrate...
hi to all this is my first post i am a final year student of engineering (ETC)and i was interested for a good sponcered project so can any one help...
hi to all i am a final year ETC student and searching for sponcered projects in the industries can any one help me in anyway
hai ia going to do a project on antiphishing softwares.plz suggest the languages which will be used in this project and how long will it take to complete this project...