problem occur during formatting.

Hi Friends,

I am using Window 7 as my OS and I want to format it with Window XP but I faced a problem during formatting.

Here is my following error,

A problem has been detected and window has been shutdown to your computer

If this is the first time you have seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps.

Check for the viruses on your computer.Remove any newly installed hard drives on Hard Drive controllers. Check your Hard Drive Run CHKDSK / F to check for hard Drive corruption and then restart your computer.

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF78D254, 0XC0000034, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)

Please help me out.

😁

Replies

• optimystix
    optimystix
    could you please tell at what point on installation/formatting did u get this problem ? and also let us know whether you are using a desktop computer or a laptop(and its brand, model too). It will help in pinpointing the issue and solving it effectively.

on a general note, I think the problem is due to the hard disk(sata). Go to BIOS using the appropriate key (DEL key in pcs and laptops have f2 or f10 generally. may differ. u can see the key at the 1st boot screen at the bottom, as soon as pc is powered on).

After going into the BIOS, look for hard disk operation or sata operation or drive operation or something similar. Over there, change from sata mode or sata support or AHCI to ATA/IDE or whatever the other option is mentioned. Why am saying like this is because different BIOS will have different options. In case of Dell , one has to disable Flash Module and then Change from Sata/AHCI to ATA/IDE.

now run the format/installation for XP again and it will work.

what happens here is that when XP was made, the hard disks were basically PATA ones. These days we are using SATA based HDDs and thus XP installation disc does not recognise these HDDs and there will give blue screen error (BSOD) or will say that hard disk is not detected. Vista and subsequently Win 7 were released later and thus they have those support inbuilt in the installation package. Thus we need to change the drive operation back to PATA/ATA from SATA/AHCI so that the computer that is running the XP installation now understands and detects it.

The drawback of this is that the extra features of the Sata controller wont be available and it is being now run in compatibility mode. That is though it is capable of more, it is being drawn back due to this limitation. Though for normal usage there wont be much noticeable difference. At the most, one may feel the difference in file transfer speeds by a few MBs.

If this is undesirable, the problem can be solved in two other ways.
    Download the Sata/AHCI driver or SCSI Raid host controller from the internet and slipstreaming (adding the drivers to the main installation package) the WIN XP installation CD with those drivers.

else, During the Windows boot loading screen, they ask to press F6 for installing 3rd party scsi/raid drivers. Use these drivers at this point and rest of the installation will go as normal. Its just the absence of these drivers in XP installation CD that causes these problems.
  • sushant005
    sushant005
    Great Optimystix,

You mean to say that we can install any OS on PATA but we cant install WIN XP on SATA.

After all the Driver installation...when the formatting procedure starts it immediately shows an Blue screen error(Error as i have mentioned above).

I am using COMPAQ PRESARIO CQ45, model no-207TU and it come with the inbuilt WINDOW VISTA HOME BASIC.

One thing I want to mention that this happens today and after that I format the same with WINDOW VISTA HOME BASIC and it I succeed but faced the problem with the installation of WIN XP.
  • sushant005
    sushant005
    Hey opty,

I got the problem with the WIN XP installation.
    For WIN XP installation either I have the WIN XP2 with the SATA driver or I have to made some change in the BIOS setting is to Enable the SATA option.But I dont have any such option to enable the SATA option.
    So, the only solution is to download the SATA Driver for WIN XP.
    But now the problem I am facing is that I dont have any ideas how to get this driver.

Please give me the link for WIN XP SATA Driver.i want to download WIN xp sata driver.
    Please help me to get this Driver.
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    hey sushant, excuse me for replying late, in the above post U've mentioned enabling SATA. I wish to correct you, actually u need to DISABLE SATA to install XP and not enable it.

since you are using a compaq lappy, I guess somewhere in the BIOS you will see an option 'Native Sata option' disable it.
    and now run the installation. it will work. do not go after streamlining extra drivers to XP cd unless theres no option.

The BIOS option definitely works, just that diff models have different names for this setting and so its confusing. THis is the simplest way and will surely work. Try it out as Ive said., disable the NATIVE SATA option

something like this.
    #-Link-Snipped-#

• sushant005
    sushant005
    oh!
    Sorry I mis typed its actually Disabling not enabling.Thank you for correcting me.

But the problem is that there is no such option "Native Sata Option".

I think the only option is to download that SATA Driver for WIN XP.

Reply if you have any other option

and please give me the link from where I can download WIN XP SATA DRIVER.
  • narruc93
    narruc93
    Hi, I am having the exact same problem. I have a Advent laptop that I would really like to install Windows XP on. But the problem is I am getting the same error as others here. But as I probably have a different bios setup than you I do not know what to do.
    I really need to install Windows XP on my computer so if you could get back to me ASAP please I would really appreciate it. Oh and if it's any help my bios setup is Phoenix (something)

Thanks

Narruc93
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    Try for XP(SP-3) it comes with sata drivers.
  • sushant005
    sushant005
    narruc93
    Hi, I am having the exact same problem. I have a Advent laptop that I would really like to install Windows XP on. But the problem is I am getting the same error as others here. But as I probably have a different bios setup than you I do not know what to do.
    I really need to install Windows XP on my computer so if you could get back to me ASAP please I would really appreciate it. Oh and if it's any help my bios setup is Phoenix (something)

Thanks

Narruc93
    Welcome to CE...
    Have you seen "SATA Native support " option under System Configuration.
    If there is such option then please disable it then you will be ok with WIN XP installation.
    let me know whether you have that option in your BIOS setup.
  • narruc93
    narruc93
    I've checked three times and the only mention of SATA I can find is 4 SATA Ports. 2 of them say NONE and the other 2 say DVD/CDRW and the other says Toshiba HDD which i presume is my hard drive. So yeah. No more mention of SATA after that.
  • sushant005
    sushant005
    If you don't have that option "SATA native option" the the last option is streamlining the sata driver to WIN XP installation CD.Condition is that if you able to find SATA driver for WIN XP.I tried alot but did not find any SATA driver for WIN XP then i downloaded WIN XP SP3 from torrent and installed it to my system it works fine and it did not show any problem during installation.
    So i suggest if you able to find SATA driver for WIN XP then you have to add that driver to original WIN XP installation CD then it will work fine otherwise try for WIN XP SP3,i think it comes with SATA driver(i am not sure).
  • narruc93
    narruc93
    Well I don't have a clue how to do that streamlining thing so I think I'll just leave it. But thanks for your trying to help 😀
  • sushant005
    sushant005
    Oh please do not leave, without trying, Streamlining is not the problem but yeah it is critical task but the main problem is that you will not get that SATA Driver for WIN XP easily.I have searched a lot but did not find anything driver that is the problem.Streamlining is the next procedure after finding that driver.
    Otherwise go for win xp sp3 it is also a better option but do not leave without trying anything ,at least try for learning something new you will surely get any solution or something new out of it.
    So keep going do not stop here!!
    else is your wish....
  • narruc93
    narruc93
    Yeah but I do not have a clue what streamlining is or how to even do it. And I have tried to install WINXP with Service Pack 3 and it didn't work at all. I would try streamlining if i knew how to do it, maybe. But I don't and I really don't want to wreck my computer if it can be critical.
  • sushant005
    sushant005
    Critical means its a bit long procedure.It will not going to hamper any of your device/parts of your PC so don't worry about that.
    First you find that driver then streamlining.Finding driver will be the main problem for you.
  • narruc93
    narruc93
    Couldnt' you find it for me and then send the file to me in an email with some instructions of what to do next?
  • sushant005
    sushant005
    That is the main problem i faced .I searched a lot on Internet for that driver but did not find any where.Then i installed XP SP3 and it get installed in my PC without any problem/error.
    And i will try more to get that driver.
  • narruc93
    narruc93
    Well if you can't find the SATA driver then I don't have much luck in finding it either. And I don't understand why when I tried to install Xp with sp3 it didn't work.
  • sushant005
    sushant005
    May be your XP Sp3 disc do not have SATA driver.Your hard drive is of SATA so it does not allow sp3 to get installed because your installation CD do not have SATA driver it, it must have PATA.
    Now most of the Hard disk are SATA(advance of PATA) and the advantage of SATA is that its speed is more then the PATA drive.
    And XP OS comes in year 2001(october 25) is much older so that time most of the Hard disk are of type PATA so win xp installation disc have PATA driver not SATA , that is the reason why it shows error while installing(because of that SATA hard Disk in your system).So the only solution for that is upgrade that XP installation disc with SATA driver.

feel free to ask...
  • ramana_slv
    ramana_slv
    Hi sushant

I think this link is more useful to you.

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • sushant005
    sushant005
    @ramana: thanx...
    But i know all this, the actual problem is how to get that SATA driver.If you know any link to get SATA Driver for WIN XP then please give that link.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I don't watch cricket normally. As a hockey player, i hate cricket. But there is a need for this debate right now. The growing popularity and new streams in modern...
with India's science and technology systems output growing 12 percent, the country now rank ninth in the world's science and technology map, revealed union minister of state for science and...
I have a labtop HP pavilion dv1000 I did fromat for it but I couldn't find a driver for audio I hope to find the solution here ​
Hi friends, Can any one tell me what is Microprocessor Simulator? What is the use of it? 😁
Advanced SystemCare PRO will be given away for 72 hours to celebrate its 5th birthday IObit / May 14, 2009 - From May 17 to May 19, IObit will give...