View Feed
group-icon
Coffee Room
Discuss anything here - everything that you wish to discuss with fellow engineers.
12914 Members
Join this group to post and comment.
Sanjay Nadigar
Sanjay Nadigar • Feb 13, 2012

problem is accessing net in ubuntu 10.04

hi, nice to start conversations with you. i have been facing problem in connecting to net, by the way bsnl broadband is not been supporting in Ubuntu 10.04 and MTS 3G data card as well. Do i need to switch over to nay other modem, presently am using ZTE type 1 modem, supplied by BSNL or MTS 3G data card. if i start using BSNL 3G datacard, what would be the 'APN details.. am from karnataka..
Reya
Reya • Feb 13, 2012
Do you get any error message?
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Feb 13, 2012
To the best of my knowledge, for Karnataka region the BSNL APN settings are "bsnlnet" and the other details "proxy server address" & "port" settings aren't required.

Should get your work done.
Sanjay Nadigar
Sanjay Nadigar • Feb 14, 2012
Reya
Do you get any error message?
No its not supporting only. When i configure the modem in the 'always on mode', the modem is not not supporting the connection ly..its working only in 'bridge mode'. will try out with the BSNL 3G data card now and ping u back...
Use ifconfig and post the dump here... 😀
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Feb 15, 2012
I won't be of much help here anymore. Just gave up uBuntu and Windows for the sake of OSX. 😕
The_Big_K
I won't be of much help here anymore. Just gave up uBuntu and Windows for the sake of OSX. 😕
Dude! Too much! 😛 Win 7 is great!!! 😛 I agree OSX is awesome! 😀

Share this content on your social channels -