Problem In Nerwork [socket connection]

hi, friends getting some problem in socket connection b\w two systems.....progrmme is running in a standalone..but not in across the network.....in our project we are using...socket programming for communication and port address as:6789... ..eventhough LAN is good but socket is not creating b\w two systems .....how to solve this problem....๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•

plz any body....help me...........๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”

Replies

• mahul
    mahul
    Re: Problem In Nerwork

try a huge port address value, something like 13000 or 16000. Do inform us if that solves your problem.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Oh, thats the first time I came across "socket programming"!
    Is it like this? #-Link-Snipped-#

Anyhow, if you are directly connecting between two computers using network cards, you must use a crossover cable. Its a modified cat5e cable allowing for peer-to-peer network connections. Useful stuff for 1 on 1 LAN gaming if you don't want to use wireless ๐Ÿ˜‰

Of course, if you are using a hub, then just ignore whatever I said above ๐Ÿ˜›
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    for Power over Ethernet and long Haul communication,Cat6 cable will be best
  • koli
    koli
    telenet to the socket and check from local host

e.g. for socket 6060
    telnet 10.10.10.10:6060

if it holds the connection on the server / destination socket then there could be possibility of issue with client / destination.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi, how to make..blog attractfull....and impressive to others....๐Ÿ˜
hi all of u i want to now adays which program use to artificial intelligent. give me detail.&wher i got these program .
CEans, Do you know that folks at Mozilla corporation are entering into the world of analytics? Here's what Michael Arrington says on TechCrunch about how Mozilla is planning to do...
Wishing Many Happy Returns of the day to ๐Ÿ˜ CEan - Just2Rock ๐Ÿ˜ May your dreams come true and you keep rocking! :myparty: โ€‹
This is a tutorial on Nokia3310 lcd interfacing lcdinterfacing - Nokia3310 Interfacing with AT89C51