Problem in maximizing the screen in Ubuntu 12.04

Hello friends! I don't know why my desktop screen in Ubuntu 12.04 appears small.I could't maximize it. The icons in launcher and text appears larger in size. How to fix it?

Screenshot from 2012-05-02 20_39_14Screenshot from 2012-05-02 20_41_36

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    What happens when you click on the maximize button?
  • Vignesh Raghav
    Vignesh Raghav
    #-Link-Snipped-# , Go to Desktop properties ->Settings and try to alter the pixels and check .
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    #-Link-Snipped-#, Click on System » Preferences » Monitors.
    You will be getting something like this:
    [​IMG]
    Say if you can alter the Monitor Resolution and say if it works...
  • Reya
    Reya
    Tried all the methods. Nothing worked. So installed Ubuntu again long back 😔 Feels bad for not being able to fix it 😭
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Reya
    Tried all the methods. Nothing worked. So installed Ubuntu again long back 😔 Feels bad for not being able to fix it 😭
    Did you check if you have the correct video drivers installed to support your screen resolution? #-Link-Snipped-# posted a video on how to install proprietary drivers in Ubuntu. You may check that as well.
  • Reya
    Reya
    #-Link-Snipped-# Anyways I have installed Ubuntu again. No issues.Yes, I installed all the proprietary drivers,updated the software et all.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi CEans , Was doing a POC for reading a Spreadsheet in .xls and .xlsx format using Apache POI. Thought might be useful to you guys. The code is the...
Hello CEans, I am making a GPS Data Logger that would store raw GPS signals from GN3S sampler on to a SD card. I am thinking of using a PIC....
If you thought Galaxy Nexus is your next phone; then there's a bad news for you from the Samsung India official twitter account. Samsung has confirmed that the company won't...
Just thought of making your default avatar more colorful. The default grey & white avatars have been replaced with - If you don't like them, use your own avatar, please...
Since about a decade, IT sector has attracted the attention of state's policy makers, financiers, investors and career conscious due to its phenomenal growth. This, mainly a service industry, is...