Probability GATE Practice

Friends,
I GATE, I have seen that about 10-12 marks come directly from Maths. Out of which Probability and statistics.has a big share.
I am dedicating this thread to for practicing and posting some simple methods for probability problems.

I will be posting the common types of questions which are asked in GATE.

Feel free to make your contributions.

Instruction: NO SPAMMING. SPAMMERS WILL BE BANNED.
-By order-

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Type 1]

A company has three machines A, B, C. They produce 15%, 20% and 65% of identical goods respectively. Out of them the defective pieces produced by each machine are 0.01, 0.03, 0.15.

What is the probability that a defective piece is selected and it is produced by Machine C?
    Solution:[TABLE="class: grid, width: 350"]
    [TR]
    [TD]Machine[/TD]
    [TD]A[/TD]
    [TD]B[/TD]
    [TD]C[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Probability Of Production P(M)[/TD]
    [TD]15/100[/TD]
    [TD]20/100[/TD]
    [TD]65/100[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Defects By Each Machine P(D/M)[/TD]
    [TD]1/100[/TD]
    [TD]3/100[/TD]
    [TD]15/100[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

We have to find P(M/D)=P(C/D)

We will use Baye's Theorem
    P(C/D)= {0.65*0.15)/ {0.15*0.01+0.20*0.03+0.65*0.15}

P(C/D)=13/14

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

List of HTTP status codes : 1xx Informational- Request received, continuing process : 100: Continue 101: Switching Protocols 2xx Succes - The action was successfully received, understood, and accepted :...
The 100 Million users are Leaders, Athletes, Humanitarians, Entertainers, Reporters et al. Five years ago, Twitter came to life when @jack sent the first Tweet to his seven followers. Now,...
The 3D Projectors that we had earlier would be of help only if we have BLU-RAY Player. With Vivitek D5 series, we can convert 2D to 3D and watch it....
Smallest Electric Motor is Single Molecule | Qmed
I am student of 7th sem electrical from MIET jammu