prob in installing visual studio6.0 in windows 7

Hi guys!can somebody help me in installing visual studio 6.0 professional version in windows 7?while trying to install i got a set up error as set up is unable to read the file and run from where u originally ran it.i tried installing the software directly from cd..but i cudnt do it..do help me in installing..

Replies

• rishi0922
    rishi0922
    If you have XP then first try it in XP to clearify that your set up of visual studio 6.0 in corrupted or not. And if it is running in XP then the set up is not corrupted. Then try it in Win 7 and if again the set up in unable to read then update your Win 7.

This is all i am able to understand......../
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    praveena211
    Hi guys!can somebody help me in installing visual studio 6.0 professional version in windows 7?while trying to install i got a set up error as set up is unable to read the file and run from where u originally ran it.i tried installing the software directly from cd..but i cudnt do it..do help me in installing..
    the error probably means the source is corrupt, in this case your cd. try getting another source for the software.
    if there is any other error or issue, please do report.

p.s. : win 7 has got its own issues with vb 6 but not related to the error u have mentioned.
  • Reya
    Reya
    hey i have tried installing vb6 in windows xp..Its working perfectly.wen i tried in windows 7 the installation is not completed successfully.I think i have to update my winds 7..Anyway thank you guys for the reply!!
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    that means ur cd is fine. I searched over the net and found a few methods for installing vb6 on win7 that seem to work for people. u may like to chk them out too

The following is the procedure for XP and Vista, but I am guessing it will
    work on Windows 7 also. Create a file named MSJAVA.DLL (it can be 0 bytes
    long, the important thing is to create a file with this name) and put it in
    your Windows directory. Now install VB6 and you shouldn't be bothered by the
    message. Once you have finished installing VB6, just delete that file and
    all should be well.
    or check this Install VB6 on Windows 7 too

try and see if works 😀
  • Reya
    Reya
    thank u so much😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Just registered and wished to say Howdy. Oops! I notice the "Introduction template" by this forum's admin, but i feel my self explanatory will be much better. Lol. I'm kavin....
bjt amplify signals by transferring signals from a low resistance circuit to a high resistance one. which part of the bjt is termed as a low resistance circuit and which...
in an n type enhancement mosfet can anyone explain me by(considering atomic structure in the device) ,why does the n channel becomes tapered when voltage of the drain terminal is...
Hello, I am a third year electrical undergrad student. I want to join an electrical manufacturing/consultancy company like Schneider electric which visits my campus every year. I am not planning...
Meaning: exaggerated or excessive Usage: The fulsome expressions of gratitude that she showered on him made everyone feel slightly sick. Syn: profuse, liberal. overdone