Printer with WiFi Hotspot - Good Idea?

I'm wondering if a printer with a wireless module which lets it double up as a wireless hotspot is a good idea or not. Because HP's just launched a machine that prints, scans, copies and even acts as your local WiFi hotspot for only Rs. 18300. The LaserJet printer might attract a few customer in India and China where the machine's been launched today.

Check out our VoiCE Coverage: #-Link-Snipped-#

Do you think mixing printer with wireless-hotspot is an innovative idea?

Replies

• barath rajamani
    barath rajamani
    it is a good idea...
    moreover wi-fi in SD card is an old product, these other products have to "get connected" soon..
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Wifi enabled printers are generally a good idea and pretty useful. But being a hotspot as well perhaps not so.. I'd prefer to have a wifi hotspot running on reliable network hardware rather than an addon to something else.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

can have IT companies Recruitment strategies for freshers ?
Dear Robotix 2013 organising team, We know promoting your event is a good thing, however spamming forums with copy pasted messages from your own website and adding links everywhere isn't...
Microsoft so.cl (read social) is live for everyone. The website's come out of beta from several months of testing. Initially, the so.cl networking was available only to select college students...
and what is the importance and use of this fourier series,transforms and laplace transforms in electrical engg.
Hello Friends I am in development since last 1.5 years and but now I am fed up of development, but it is also true that I have only interest in...