Precise location of a Moblie phone. Conversion formula or upgrade

Hi
I'm working on a project to find out if a smartphone of any make can be modified to precisely locate its position in easting and northing coordinates, to within 10mm +-.
Would there be a soft ware upgrade required through a independent source ????
Would there be a need to upgrade the antenna ????
Introduce a additional attachment to the the mobile phone???
Is there a programme that will formulate the longitude & latitude from compass too easting&northing???
I hope some one is up for the challenge

Replies

• SAPs
    SAPs
    Hi
    I'm working on a project to find out if a smartphone of any make can be modified to precisely locate its position in easting and northing coordinates, to within 10mm +-.
    Would there be a soft ware upgrade required through a independent source ????
    Would there be a need to upgrade the antenna ????
    Introduce a additional attachment to the the mobile phone???
    Is there a programme that will formulate the longitude & latitude from compass too easting&northing???
    I hope some one is up for the challenge

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello, I completed Mechanical Engineering in 2016 and I was not familiar with the Mechanical engineering concepts as I feel it's boring. So after completing my degree, I started Core...
Currently, we are in a science-based society where technology has distributed its tentacles in various sectors including defense and security. A group of Scientists from Moscow Institute of Physics and...
In what could prove to be a real breakthrough for impoverished regions around the world, scientists from Stanford University have proposed an accurate way to identify poverty in areas previously...
Quite awesome - the Government of India has decided to scrap the custom duty on electronics of value up to Rs. 50,000. The official notification is available here: https://dgft.gov.in/Exim/2000/NOT/NOT16/NotificationNo. 22(E).pdf...
​Texas Instruments Inc. in collaboration with Department of Science and Technology(DST) proudly announce the 'DST & Texas Instruments Inc. India Innovation Challenge Design Contest 2016', Anchored by the Indian Institute...