Pre-Order Samsung Galaxy Camera In India [Jelly Bean, 4.8-inch, 16mp]

Samsung has launched its all new Samsung Galaxy Camera in India. Running Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean), this Camera can take pictures at 16mp and will come with a 16GB free microSD Card. With a 4.8-inch touchscreen, the specs could easily confuse reader if its a smartphone or a camera. It runs on a 1.4Ghz processors and runs all the apps on Google Play Store. So basically you get to use Instagram, Paper Artist, Dropbox, Photo Wizard, Video Editor, AllShare Play, S-Suggest or S-Voice right from your camera! 👍
There is support for WiFi and 3G SIM Card and the Camera's snap-taker has a BSI CMOS sensor along with a digital/optical zoom of 21x. You have all the features you need from a decent camera bundles - such as image stabilisation and auto-focus (centre, multi and face detection) and I think that the company is aptly promoting their latest gadget with the tagline 'Camera Reborn'.

Samsung-Galaxy-camera

Those who wish to buy this camera can go to the Samsung India eStore and pay an advance booking amount of Rs. 3000/- and as and when the product officially launched, you will have to pay the complete amount within three days. So what do you guys think of these specs and how many of you engineers are going to buy the Samsung Galaxy Camera? Let us know in replies.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I forgot to link. Here's our official coverage on VoiCE- #-Link-Snipped-#
    And I see that a lot of people are discussing the actual price in India. Rumors are for something between 18k-20k. If anyone here finds the official price details, please share. 👍
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm not even sure if such a device will find customers. Yes, a camera with Android is very nice and it opens up possibilities for dedicated camera apps; but don't we already have enough features inbuilt in mobile phones - which make an average photography enthusiast feel like a pro? Sure the camera has zoom and that can be very handy if you're more serious about photography.

The market Samsung is trying to capture is that of the point-and-shoot. Apart from 'Zoom' and wireless connectivity - I don't see any strong points to make me put money in this gadget. But I might be missing out on something very obvious. Enlighten me, please!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The_Big_K
    Apart from 'Zoom' and wireless connectivity - I don't see any strong points to make me put money in this gadget.
    If people love this gadget for having WiFi, they won't soon, thanks to Transcend for coming up with this:

#-Link-Snipped-#

I think CEans here who love photography and keep an eye for latest in Cameras would be able to tell if the idea of such a camera is appealing or not.
    Knowing one such CEan, I am tagging #-Link-Snipped-# here.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    This camera is extremely hot!
    With the various features it has, I think cost of Galaxy Camera will be more than 27k.

Aiyyo, Canon & Nikon are you reading this? Your legacy of being best camera maker will be at stake 'soon'.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Oh well, the price of the gadget will be around Rs. 30k; not a penny less, I bet. Samsung's more familiar with Android than Canon and Nikon. I don't think Canon and Nikon will bother about this new development from Samsung. Canon and Nikon have their main business from the SLRs and I'm sure most of the customers are happy with the default firmware that ships on these cameras. Even their point and shoots are quite nice. They may just update their line with the facilities Samsung's offering.

But I agree that few dedicated camera apps can make all the change. Instagram, for example will definitely be a hit on these mobiles (the app never impressed me).
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Samsung will soon aim for SLRs & even music players. Samsung is the one & only Company who has realised the power of Open source.
    At first it seems like, whoa this is crap who wants Android in camera, i prefer only dedicated cameras, but later-on this this will be a trend.

An awesome feature of Galaxy Camera, you can click pictures while video recording & that too without interrupting the footage.
    Also 50GB dropbox cloud service.
    With special night mode feature user can click low light images perfectly & that too noisefree.
  • lal
    lal
    30K and an android camera with a fixed lense and tiny sensor. Well, as a 'camera' its not gonna impress anyone other than a samsung lover or an android lover. No one is ever going to choose this thing to take quality pictures.

The basic DSLR models of Nikon, Pentax and Canon starts at 30K. And what they offer are the possibilities to cycle between a wide variety of lenses, super huge image sensor (APS-C size), dedicate image processor, a penta-mirror or penta-prism viewfinder and years of experience in image processing. Oh yeah, but no Android. By the all these DSLRs can shoot and snap at the same time too. I mean, to capture image while shooting video.

If its the zoom factor that is appealing, there are even better options at a much much lower price. Canon, Nikon and Sony have their mega zoom digital cameras in the market. And as AkD said, there are eye-fi cards available in the market to transfer pictures and videos by wifi with a computer or anydevice. I dont think anyone will spend 30K just for the reason that they have an android camera! 😐

Well, if anyone thinks they want to play angrybirds on their digital cameras, then no offense in spending 30,000 rupees.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Cost of Canon PowerShot SX50 with 50x zoom with same sensor cost 30K.
    So a this Samsung camera with 21x zoom android and 4.8" HD screen is justifiable with 30K.(I guess could be more)
    It also have 3G+wifi connectivity that means it can replace your phone while on vacation👍.
    If image quality will be good, it gonna be best deal with 30K.
  • lal
    lal
    Pay Five thousands more and be an owner of a single lens reflex camera of the same manufacturer, will be the option anyone who cares for better quality choose. The biggest advantage being the ability to choose between numerous lenses and the bigger higher quality image sensor. The sensor size matters!

Looking at the picture of camera I don't think this thing allow users to change the aperture or shutter speed at the photographer's will at ease. I doubt if such an option exist at all. But the above mentioned Powershot do allow users to go full manual mode, or to control the shutter speed, aperture and ISO. That makes the android camera an over priced point and shoot.

Well, in my opinion the android camera is a just a fancy device that Samsung has introduced for its advantage, because Samsung knows that a lot of people have simply become blind Android supporters.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    #-Link-Snipped-# : I agree with you on sensor and lens choices .
    This camera things for average users who like to shoot just decent photos and share with family friends. 30K for Samsung camera with its all feature is totally worth for it.
  • lal
    lal
    I still wont agree with you buddy. In my opinion, an average user will opt for a point and shoot of 12MP or 16MP at around 15K rupees. With 30K rupees the average user can be an owner of galaxy S3. And even make a call with his camera 😁 well, agree he'll miss the zoom factor.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    by the way ... AT&T's Samsung Galaxy Camera to cost $499.99, launching on November 16th - The Vergereported price of Galaxy Camera @ $499.99 in US.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    So, some of you guessed it absolutely right. Samsung Galaxy Camera is launched in India at a price of Rs. 29,990/-. The Vice-President said at the launch that India is among the first five markets in the world where the camera has been launched.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Today was my Internal Viva for 6 week Industrial Training held back in May-June. Prime question asked in viva was What You Have Contributed to Industry in 6 Weeks? I...
bebionic is an amazing five articulated finger prosthesis that is way ahead of anything presently available. It operates using two muscle triggers near the elbow. It can be camouflaged inside...
The Panama Canal that opened in 1914 is considered the world's greatest civil engineering project. This is a nice slide show, a fine piece of engineering history. https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...canal-the-worlds-greatest-engineering-project
Create browsing history page of website. When user browse through pages of website at the end user can see which pages he browsed.
hello friends, I am constructing my house in a place in which the ground has lot of rocks, stones..... My engineer is unwilling to go for some good depth in...