POWER SYSTEMS : Learn and Conribute

Hello CEans !
Another thread But this time it is not machines But the link which is in between Various Machines.
Yes It is Power System.
A set of Question for you to Blitz your Concepts
Here is a Question Paper.
Instruction

1) No negative marking
2) Each question carry 1 Like or 5 marks[​IMG]
3) No time Limit.

Questions:
Explain the following statements with reasoning.
1) Majority of the buses in power system are load buses.
2) Bus admittance matrix ( in load flow study) is a sparse matrix.
3) Penalty factor of a plant ( in economic dispatch) is always greater than 1.
4) Maximum demand of group of consumers is always less than sum of their individual demand.
5) Utilization factor of a plant may be more than 1.

Your time start now. Yell..

Replies

• Arp
    Arp
    Q1 loads are distributed everywhere but we have a limited generating points. so loadbuses are more around 80% as buses connected to loads are called load buses.
    Q2 whenever two buses are not connected directly then the element corresponding to that is zero and sparsity means no. of zeroes, so it is a sparse matrix as in power system network a bus usually connected to a max of 2-3 buses.
  • freak16
    freak16
    Good Arp. Try other question as well. Write anything you feel.
    @ ALL CEAN
    People just try out these question once even if you have little on no knowledge. Atleast think something. May be you come up with a new invention or something innovative
    P.S One who will do all 5 question correct in minimum time will get Two likes extra..
  • freak16
    freak16
    Nobody seems to be interested..
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    freak16
    Nobody seems to be interested..
    lol no not time to concentrate on it i will definitely do well after my exams are completed i am really missing CE
    my exams will be completed on may 2nd on the next day i will answer to all questions upto my knowledge but now i had no time to think on other subjects which i am not having in this sem
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    i am not sure about my answer but its a trial
    3.i am taking penalty is for power factor if consider it always depends on the magnitude of power factor
    and in my view normal billing is depending on supply power value

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Is windows media player itself a codec or codecs are installed in it.Like VLC is a codec,Are they different from file formats?
Prof.I.Sengupta, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, IIT Kharagpur explained the concept of Html Forms in Internet Technology. Please contribute your ideas and feel free to ask your questions here......
Prof.I.Sengupta, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, IIT Kharagpur explained the concept of Image Maps in Internet Technology. Please contribute your ideas and feel free to ask your questions here......
Prof.I.Sengupta, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, IIT Kharagpur explained the concept of CGI Scripts in Internet Technology. Please contribute your ideas and feel free to ask your questions here......
Prof.I.Sengupta, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, IIT Kharagpur explained the concept of Technologies in Internet Technology. Please contribute your ideas and feel free to ask your questions here... [video=youtube;wSm3sKm7TxY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSm3sKm7TxY&feature=bf_next&list=PL04D5787E247DC324&index=20[/video]