Power loss in Bipolar Junction Transistor

Is power loss in bjt Vce*Ic? :smile: It is..but i dont know Why:smile:??
there must be some loss due to Ib(Base current also) though i completely agree it is a contolling current. but how this relation come..plz help me out.. 😁

Replies

• abs_vicky
    abs_vicky
    See buddy, In a N-P-N Bjt, The emitter is heavily doped and the base is very lightly doped and made extremely thin. So charge carriers in the base are very less, thus the recombination with incoming electrons from the emitter isnt much and due to the small width of the base most electrons cross over to the collector. Yaa there will be a loss due to the base current out of recombination but it is negligible in comparision and often neglected for simplicity in calculations.
  • freak16
    freak16
    Dear vicky , you are right but my question is how the relation Vce * Ic comes?? 😁
  • Jishnu Gupta
    Jishnu Gupta
    Itz very simple maniac as per simple relation P=V*I so in a bjt Ie= Ib+Ic where the value of Ib is negligible hence we get Ie = Ic now as power loss takes place at collector junction which has a battery as voltage source i.e Vce and current flowing throuugh is Ic hence the power loss is P = Vce*Ic
    Hope it is clear now any odr doubts u have lemme knw ...........😀
  • Arp
    Arp
    jishnu is right.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

As per the orders of the Min. of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India, the online examination would be conducted for a maximum of 1.0 lac candidates in BE/B.Tech only...
The 10th All India Engineering/Architecture Entrance Examination (offline/pen & paper), 2011 to be conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education has been rescheduled from 24.04.2011 to 01.05.2011 (Sunday) due to...
Interested candidates should register their names for BITSAT-2011 by applying in the prescribed application form online. Complete the application form Online at BITS Admissions and take the print out of...
An Irishman, a Mexican and a Blonde Guy were doing masonry work on scaffolding on the 20th floor of a building. They were eating lunch and the Irishman said, “Corned...
Actually I am designing an electro-mechanical DC solenoid to be used as the shooting mechanism in a robot. It has to strike a ping-pong ball. Can I use a permanent...