power generating floor

hi!
i am thinking about working on the concept of power generation out of the pressure exerted on the floor while.i'm thinking of using the concept of dynamo action.can somebody please guide me as to how this motion can be transmitted to the dynamo.i'm not able to gather any threads for working on this topic.

Replies

• cranky
    cranky
    One famous concept is placing peizoelectric material.On appying pressure,potential is created. It has been implemented in Japan in a certain place(don't remember).The problem with peizo floors is that it is very expensive😁
  • electronicsunzz
    electronicsunzz
    using piezoelectric we can convert the PRESSURE into the ELECTRIC voltage i.e potential difference. so when ever we step on the floor , the pressure is exerted on the floor , using piezoelectric chamber this pressure can be converted into the electrical voltage , this voltage is fed to
    1.The light, if we want to see the light as per our foot pressed on the floor .
    2.the buzzer, if we want to hear the sound as per the foot pressed on the floor .😎😎
  • shantanu k.
    shantanu k.
    hey!!
    thanks a lot for providing me with your suggestions!
    can you please suggest me as with what would be the best material to work with which would exhibit piezoelectric effect?
  • cranky
    cranky
    some ceramics,bones etc. you could check wiki on that😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi guys..! I am glad to say you all that I attended a workshop on Excitement of Research (ExOR) in International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Hyderabad. This workshop was...
Under normal usage, batteries should be calibrated a minimum of once every 3 months. Your battery can be calibrated by following these steps: Step 1 - Disable the Windows Power...
The film sticks to what seems to have become the standard formula for Bollywood comedies. Many characters with different agendas get together in one location. What follows is misunderstood identities,...
I'm preparing to give GATE next year (Mechanical Engineering). So could someone help with regards to the books I should refer ? My branch is Mechatronics and so I haven't...
I'm looking for Civil IS codes free of cost. It'd be really nice if someone can upload them here so that all others get to download them from just one...