Power engineering student from NPTI,Nagpur

want to be well groomed before the 1st company comes for recruitment. ๐Ÿ˜€

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    DEEPTHI VALSAN
    Don't worry, we've a good lot of power plant engineers here. Feel free to ask questions, doubts in appropriate sections here.

Tell us a bit more about yourself.
  • Zoha
    Zoha
    DEEPTHI VALSAN
    The same case with me
  • DeepsV
    DeepsV
    i am among toppers in class.but i am not confident my group discussion skill..many of my frnds are planning to join a local training class for CRT(campur recruitment training). i am in dilemma whether to join or not..so i was goggling about crt online..and got into this interesting site..m looking forward to some help in aptitude, Gd and pi frm here.. companies like thermax , tata power, suzlon etc come for placements in our colllege
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    DEEPTHI VALSAN
    i am among toppers in class.but i am not confident my group discussion skill..many of my frnds are planning to join a local training class for CRT(campur recruitment training). i am in dilemma whether to join or not..so i was goggling about crt online..and got into this interesting site..m looking forward to some help in aptitude, Gd and pi frm here.. companies like thermax , tata power, suzlon etc come for placements in our colllege
    Start GD Topics in this section - #-Link-Snipped-# and let the discussions begin. You will collect a lot of points from CEans and it will also increase your confidence. ๐Ÿ‘ All the best. Stay connected on CE.
  • DeepsV
    DeepsV
    AbraKaDabra
    Start GD Topics in this section - #-Link-Snipped-# and let the discussions begin. You will collect a lot of points from CEans and it will also increase your confidence. ๐Ÿ‘ All the best. Stay connected on CE.
    Thank you very much . I checked various topics and even participated in some forums. It's really helpful. ๐Ÿ˜€ . This site is a package of information plus fun. Wish i had joined earlier.
  • DeepsV
    DeepsV
    I wanted to interact with some power engineers through this site, so that i can know about various job and research prospects in my branch that is Power engineering. As it is a rare branch(( Only four colleges(all of them are NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTES) are providing BTech in power engineering)) we power engineers are often left pondering about our future. So please tell how to look for Power engineers from this big cluster of crazy engineers ๐Ÿ˜.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Power engineering, if I'm not mistaken uses a lot of electrical and mechanical engineering : Boilers, Turbines, Generators and so on. The beauty of this place is that you don't have to 'search for people' to ask questions. Just go ahead and ask your question in most appropriate section and people will reply to it. ๐Ÿ˜€ , that's lot of time saving.
  • Avinash Saini
    Avinash Saini
    i will be going to join npti nagpur this year,what about placements & infrastructure of this college is it same as npti faridabad...........?????
  • DeepsV
    DeepsV
    I don't know much about NPTI Faridabad..
    Placement records of NPTI Nagpur is good.
    The main attraction of our college is the full scope real time simulator of 210 MW thermal powerplant.
    NPTI offers many courses like BE, PGDC, PDC, CCPD etc. Are you planning to join there for BE in power enginering?
  • DeepsV
    DeepsV
    Avinash Saini
    i will be going to join npti nagpur this year,what about placements & infrastructure of this college is it same as npti faridabad...........?????
    I don't know much about NPTI Faridabad..
    Placement records of NPTI Nagpur is good.
    The main attraction of our college is the full scope real time simulator of 210 MW thermal powerplant.
    NPTI offers many courses like BE, PGDC, PDC, CCPD etc. Are you planning to join there for BE in power enginering?
  • Avinash Saini
    Avinash Saini
    ya i m going to join this college for btech in power engineering..........i have gotted 31000 rank in aieee i m able to get this college,i also have other options but i heard a lot about this college............
  • BRAHMADATH S
    BRAHMADATH S
    welcome to a new world... which is new to me toooooooooo
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    BRAHMADATH S
    welcome to a new world... which is new to me toooooooooo
    How about not spamming? ๐Ÿ˜€
  • BRAHMADATH S
    BRAHMADATH S
    AbraKaDabra

thnx..
  • BRAHMADATH S
    BRAHMADATH S
    The_Big_K
    How about not spamming? ๐Ÿ˜€
    Well, I'm getting familiar with this....
    PArdon me if dat seems bloody sPammIng..
    MyL
  • DeepsV
    DeepsV
    Avinash Saini
    ya i m going to join this college for btech in power engineering..........i have gotted 31000 rank in aieee i m able to get this college,i also have other options but i heard a lot about this college............
    hmm....see, you join this college only if you are really interested in the branch "power engineering". its about generation , transmission and distribution of power and study of different power plants especially thermal power plant in detail. i am telling you this because it is not a core branch like mech, elec and hence problem will occur in future if you want to do mtech. because in GATE exams there is no separate paper for power engineering and power engineers have to give paper through mech. and also choice of subjects for mtech is also few for our branch.
    The main advantage of joining here is that power engineering being rare branch and as more and more number of power plants are being installed every year there is wide job opportunities for us.
    the best thing about NPTI,Nagpur is the good placement records. but again the college doesnt guarantee placement. thing is that they call good companies and the whether the company takes you solely depends on your performance. I more thing i would like to add here is that npti is not a college its an institute so "strictness" here is very very less as compared to other colleges of nagpur e.g palloti and all. many of the boys raely attend lectures ๐Ÿ˜€. the faculty member of npti are very knowlegeble persons and they do teach well, but as along with BE they have to handle other courses like pgdc etc most of the times we have to depend on our own((i mean we have study the subjects ourselves... ๐Ÿ˜” ))but its not so in 1st year. in 1st year all the classes will take place regularly.

if u ask passout, those who got placed will say the college is best but those few who didnt will say "dont join"!

if you are getting NIT's through u aieee score i will suggest you to take admission there otherwise join here. and yeah it will be better if you yourself come to college and interact with teachers and seniors, see the college and the make your decision.
  • Avinash Saini
    Avinash Saini
    thanx a lot for helping me........ ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Avinash Saini
    Avinash Saini
    yup
  • Elango Raja
    Elango Raja
    DeepsV
    hi DEEPTHI VALSAN i am about to join pgdc in T and D systems in ntpi nagpur this month( 26may2014) .they called me for counciling iam a b.e EEE graduate . you are a npti.ian as npti student can you pls give me info about it
  • Kshitij Vijay Singh
    Kshitij Vijay Singh
    HI I want to know about NPTI Nagpur, please let me know as soon as possible. It isnt that famous like what i expected, My state rank is 5706, wat about NPTI placements ...help me please
  • vebs
    vebs
    Hello everyone I want to know future scope of doing npti pgdc as fees is so high .I want to appear for cet 2015
  • abhishek rajoria
    abhishek rajoria
    hi my name is abhishek and i am planning to do post graduate diploma in thermal from npti i am a mecahnical engineer....i have some doubts about the placements after completion of the one year pgdc cource....in thermal...
  • shailesh0010
    shailesh0010
    I have appeared for PGDC 2015 and I am confident that surely I will get admission in any NPTI....my B.E.MECHANICAL score is 61.20%(first class)for final year and same on degree certificate but my aggregate score is low I.e.53% and having two years gap(year downs)....is there will be any problem due to less aggregate and year downs while placements and admission...please tell me truth honestly otherwise its just waste of big amount and time....what are the academic criteria for placements....should I join or not....please suggest me clearly
  • supriya verma
    supriya verma
    hi
    i have qualified pgdccet 2015 and i'm from mechanical background. i want to know
    1. which npti is good for this course
    2. how much %age chances of placement are there?
    3. hostels are mandatory or what?
  • Nitin Singh Rajput
    Nitin Singh Rajput
    I am a B-Tech Mechanical & have cleared CET & have counselling on 5 August.
    Can any one let me know which NPTI is better & have goo placement record

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The new vaccine developed by the researchers at Weill Cornell Medical College will last lifetime and kill your Nicotine, Cigarette addiction. The drug turns your Kidneys into a factory to...
I've just discovered that I love playing the iTunes random radio station and listening to music from all over the world, whenever I'm doing non-brainy work ๐Ÿ˜€ It works super...
The word technology are evolving around us drastically from 1900's. Within the 100 years, It has shown its development in every corner of India. The term 'technology' may vary from...
Is there any way to use a variation of an Inductive Proximity Switch, so that rather than detect any metal, it would only detect magnetized metal? I'm looking to use...
Amphiphobic - Repelling both oil and water is the remarkable property of this nano material film devloped by researchers at the Max Planck Institute for Polymer Research, Darmstadt, Germany. Nothing...