power electronics

how to make use of the cmos transistor for power electronics applications??? if anyone knows any applications... please reply...
😔

Replies

• Anthony Jarmie
    Anthony Jarmie
    Hi there,

A Low-Power Small-Area 1-bit Full Adder Cell in a 0.35μm CMOS Technology for Biomedical Oriented System-on-Chip Applications. Because addition operations are extensively used in digital signal processing, a low-power small-area 14-transistor 1-bit adder cell with rail-to-rail output swing is presented. The cell is designed and laid out in a 0.35μm 3.30V CMOS technology and is meant to replace the 28-transistor 1-bit standard CMOS adder [3] provided by the technology supplier. Several few-transistor-count adder cells have been proposed in the literature [4]-[5], but have the disadvantage of demanding more than 14 transistors, which negatively impact the area of the cell, or of not producing full swing output signals, which worsens the noise margin and the driving capability of the cell, and makes subsequent buffering stages dissipate considerable amounts of power.

Regards,
    Anthony

• shrutz
    shrutz
    please suggest something!!!
  • Anthony Jarmie
    Anthony Jarmie
    Hello...

Recently, there exist opportunities in semiconductor devices, materials, and related control technologies that will enable production of low-cost power electronics with dramatically reduced size. To make full use of these developments, the concept of an intelligent power module has evolved, the Power Electronic Building Block (PEBB), which is envisioned as a standard programmable device to carry out a variety of power electronic applications such as motor drives, ship service inverters, and integral starter generators for aircrafts.

Regards,
    Anthony

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Anthony Jarmie
    Anthony Jarmie
    A Voltage to current transducer in CMOS Technology and some Applications". The work involved studying a Voltage to Current Transducer(VCT), analysis of VCT in terms of the dynamic range, frequency response, designing a driver network to improve the dynamic range of VCT, using VCT to realize a voltage mode and a current mode low-pass filter.
  • shrutz
    shrutz
    thanks ... i will surely study more about this and will try to implement it .

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The 3rd Question of the CE Grand Quiz Contest is as follows - Q. Answer the question and fill in the blanks based on the following image. [Question is worth...
CEans, I apologize for the frequent downtime and errors you might have experienced in the last two days. I along with our webhost admins are fighting a database related problem...
I want to know dat what is meant by transient response of a transmission line. I have searched different sites and i am unable to find what i want.. my...
How to keep the health of body and mind?
Massive Kroll Tower Crane Supports Seattle Tunnel Job | ENR: Engineering News Record | McGraw-Hill Construction