View Feed
group-icon
Coffee Room
Discuss anything here - everything that you wish to discuss with fellow engineers.
12892 Members
Join this group to post and comment.

power electronics vs industrial electronics

hi,

I just want to inquire if there is any significant variation in the concepts that we study in industrial electronics compared to what we study in power electronic course.

kindly enlighten me regarding this issue.

regards,
proffy
Ankita Katdare
Ankita Katdare • Nov 29, 2012
Difference between Power Electronics and Electronics is that in Power you get the applications of solid state electronics for designing, controlling & converting of electricity Specifically*.

Whereas Industrial Electronics can refer in general to the study of electronics and electrical sciences for enhancing many different industrial and manufacturing processes - Say intelligent and computer control systems, robotics, factory communications and automation, flexible manufacturing, data acquisition and signal processing, vision systems, and power electronics.

So Industrial Electronics is a broad subject and Power Electronics is specific field.
as i know power electronics means its deals with high currents and high voltages and we use low power sources is industrial electronics
as i know power electronics means its deals with high currents and high voltages and we use low power sources is industrial electronics
Henri
Henri • Nov 30, 2012
is that to say one
AbraKaDabra
Difference between Power Electronics and Electronics is that in Power you get the applications of solid state electronics for designing, controlling & converting of electricity Specifically*.

Whereas Industrial Electronics can refer in general to the study of electronics and electrical sciences for enhancing many different industrial and manufacturing processes - Say intelligent and computer control systems, robotics, factory communications and automation, flexible manufacturing, data acquisition and signal processing, vision systems, and power electronics.

So Industrial Electronics is a broad subject and Power Electronics is specific field.
is that to say one who studies industrial electronics also does power electronics as a minor,or what exactly do u mean by broad?....
Henri
Henri • Nov 30, 2012
is that to say one
AbraKaDabra

is that to say one who studies industrial electronics also does power electronics as a minor,or what exactly do u mean by broad?....

Share this content on your social channels -