power electronics vs industrial electronics

hi,

I just want to inquire if there is any significant variation in the concepts that we study in industrial electronics compared to what we study in power electronic course.

kindly enlighten me regarding this issue.

regards,
proffy

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Difference between Power Electronics and Electronics is that in Power you get the applications of solid state electronics for designing, controlling & converting of electricity Specifically*.

Whereas Industrial Electronics can refer in general to the study of electronics and electrical sciences for enhancing many different industrial and manufacturing processes - Say intelligent and computer control systems, robotics, factory communications and automation, flexible manufacturing, data acquisition and signal processing, vision systems, and power electronics.

So Industrial Electronics is a broad subject and Power Electronics is specific field.
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    as i know power electronics means its deals with high currents and high voltages and we use low power sources is industrial electronics
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    as i know power electronics means its deals with high currents and high voltages and we use low power sources is industrial electronics
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
  • Henri
    Henri
    is that to say one
    AbraKaDabra
    Difference between Power Electronics and Electronics is that in Power you get the applications of solid state electronics for designing, controlling & converting of electricity Specifically*.

Whereas Industrial Electronics can refer in general to the study of electronics and electrical sciences for enhancing many different industrial and manufacturing processes - Say intelligent and computer control systems, robotics, factory communications and automation, flexible manufacturing, data acquisition and signal processing, vision systems, and power electronics.

So Industrial Electronics is a broad subject and Power Electronics is specific field.
    is that to say one who studies industrial electronics also does power electronics as a minor,or what exactly do u mean by broad?....
  • Henri
    Henri
    is that to say one
    AbraKaDabra

is that to say one who studies industrial electronics also does power electronics as a minor,or what exactly do u mean by broad?....

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

If you were thinking that WebOS is dead, you're about to be proven wrong. Phoenix International Communications (PIC), have successfully made Open WebOS run on Android platform. Though it is...
It is one of the most popular videos around the web right now. Prabakaran Murugaiah, Founder & CEO of TechFetch.com is sharing the highlights of his journey from "Ambasamudram to...
It's common for Governments to try and keep a check on what the people say about them, about their policies through various media. While freedom of speech is one of...
Die-hard gaming console fans get furious at the thought of gaming consoles dying and being replaced by equally or much more powerful mobile gaming devices. I personally love Gaming Consoles...
i am last year student of ece (b.tech) and i want to learn about automation (plc,scada & dcs) in 6th month training. which type of training is better in industary...