Power Consumption (effective power)

Hi, can you please check my answer?
By the way, we don't use calculator at all so we don't have to calculate to the exact value. For example, if there is "pi", we can just leave it as it is, without converting it into 3.142. Also, if there is square root of 2, just leave it as square root of 2, no need to calculate it as 1.41.

Ok, here is the question:
v1(t) and v2(t) are given as written in the question.

1) Find the value of impedance Z.
2) Find the power consumption (effective power) of the entire circuit.

I already got the answer for number 1 but I am confused with no. 2.
I tried to find the effective power in 2 different ways and I got two different answers. Can you explain to me why? I think the answer is 1/2, though.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

" Let us never negotiate out of fear but never fear to negotiate." John F. Kennedy​ Negotiation is an art. Negotiations are an important part of any business deal. Each...
"Do something. If it works, do more of it if it doesn't do something else." Franklin D. Roosevelt​ Internet is a 21st century guide, philosopher, friend and it can be...
It's the friendly route of collaboration that sees together two major tech-giants, Google and Samsung, both of whom make headlines every now and then for patent infringement lawsuits (thankfully not...
The news has it that Google has acquired the Artificial Intelligence and Robotics startup - 'DeepMind Technologies' beating Facebook Inc. who was reportedly deep in negotiation talks with the company....
Talib a word which literally means "one who seeks knowledge" and yet the word Taliban rings fear in the hearts and minds of many people instantaneously, a word synonymous for...