power amplifier- pls help me

Hi!
I'm currently trying to amplify the power so that the power from my digital to analog converter can turn/ drive my motor using LM675 as in the first page of this datasheet:
#-Link-Snipped-#
I just replaced the RL with my motor, but how can I:
1. Set the gain of the power amplifier? Is it by changing the 20k resistor only?
2. How can I know/ verify what is the power amplifier gain without having to measure the voltage & current?
3. How to limit/reduce the amplified power so that it is not excessive or will not damage my motor?
4. I'm trying to make the motor to turn in both cw and ccw directions, but after implementing this amplifier as in page 1 of the datasheet, it only turns cw. How can I make it turn in both direction? I have a dual power supply. Do I need to use the circuit as in page 8 "Servo Motor Control"? If yes, how can I set the amplifier gain? Is it by changing the 1M resistor only?
Sorry if my questions sound stupid/ very basic.
Thanks

Replies

• aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    For question no. 4, Please use the L293D. It is a H-bridge motor driver. It will give you the capability to rotate it cw and ccw. Can you tell me which motor are you using? I mean its ratings.
    Thanks. Please correct me if I am wrong.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    First of all warm welcome to CE.

Can we know what actually you want to do?
    If you want to drive Motor only then as said by AJ L293D is ok.. but before that if possible please reply with your Motor ratings and if possible then datasheet also. You need not to use extra Power Amplifier Chip, Motor Driver Chip will do that power amplification.

I'd used L293D for 12V Stepper Motor.
  • nza0104
    nza0104
    thanks 😀😀😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi! I'm currently trying to amplify the power so that the power from my digital to analog converter can turn/ drive my motor using LM675 as in the first page...
I just saw the pics sent by CEan Suyash Joshi. Here: https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum/announcements/38250-winner-ce-brain-twister-contest.html#post137671 😁The iPod Shuffle looks so cool 😁 (PS: Damn! I wish I had participated too. 😛 )
ETIOS finally made entry in Indian markets and the car is Toyota's direct answer to Suzuki models. Here are the engine specs:- Engine: 1496cm3 (cc), DOHC, Gasoline Transmission: 5 speed...
Let's say a phone has 8gb of internal memory and supports upto 32gb through microSD. Does that mean the phone will support total storage space of 8+32 = 40 GB?...
Google has released the next stable version of Chrome. They made no big announcements, just a simple post on Google Chrome Release blog. The Chrome team is happy to announce...