pop up windows..

Guys
many times i see pop up windows while surfing on internet...
what are they ???Are they harmful???😕😕

Replies

• sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    Pop-up windows are used for advertisement purposes generally

But they can be harmful as unauthenticated sites may link to harmful websites or links

You can block pop-ups in your browser

Pop-ups from trusted and known sites are not harmful and are used for displaying information or invites or register purposes

Pop-ups use javascript mostly

Correct me if I am wrong
  • Shashank007
    Shashank007
    Pop window is used to display some advertisement kind of information .You can block these pop-up windows by setting your browser settings.

For Mozilla you can use.Tools->Options -> Content-> block pop ups

For IE :- Tools->pop-up blocker
  • ONKSSSSS
    ONKSSSSS
    what type of popups ??/
    plz reply if u want more correct help
    Thx
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    ONKSSSSS
    what type of popups ??/
    plz reply if u want more correct help
    Thx
    Like when you a website like
    songs.pk
    There will be a window opened itself
    that is what i am talking about

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Firefox, one of the leading opensource web browsers for desktop will now also be soon available with mobile also The new offering from Mozilla is being said to be a...
Hi,every one.First of all i introduce my self.My name is Afsal,am a final year student in Instrument technology. Really this one is very helping.Am so glad, being an member in...
👍i am studying electronics and instrumentation and i need proper assistance to become an eminent engineer
The Hybris Mechanica Grande Sonnerie from Jaeger-LeCoultre holds an impressive 26 complications in a single mechanical timepiece Aside from telling the time, the watch focuses on two major functions including...
Izemail for Outlook Encrypt and sign your e-mail messages, just by pressing the Send button in your e-mail program with Izemail. No need to exchange encryption keys or certificates, no...