Poor 2G/3G quality inside a moving elevator

I usually use my cellphone in an elevator/lift and I always encounter problems
with my signal. My call will either be dropped or the experience poor voice quality.
What are the things primarily affect my call and what do I need to do in the IBS
(In-Building Solution) to improve it?

EuieLC

Replies

• reachrkata
    reachrkata
    Thats because, usually, lifts/elevators are closed metal boxes, which are very good shields for RF signals. However, there are solutions available to overcome this problem too ...

-Karthik
    ๐Ÿ˜
  • bill190
    bill190
    Tunnels which vehicles and trains drive through have the same problem. In the past, I think they just ran a wire from outside along the inside of the tunnel on insulated posts? And of course the wire was not grounded.

I searched google.com for the words tunnel radio wire and came up with some interesting stuff here...
    Google
  • euieLC
    euieLC
    Thanks for the info. I already had some facts yet it was not enough. One of it is to use the Leaky Cable which behaves like an antenna though it has no Gain but it radiates RF signals and receives as well. I just cant figure out how am I going to implement the Leaky Cables to provide signal inside the elevator. I still dont know the radiation pattern of the LC and how can it be an exact help for me.

Regards
  • bill190
    bill190
    Is there a spare wire in the existing wires run to the elevator?

If yes, maybe attach an antenna on the roof to one end and extend the wire inside the elevator. Maybe running along the ceiling or whatever. Then see what happens! If it works, then make it look nice. Maybe an insulated chrome bar running along the ceiling or whatever.

Otherwise I imagine you would need to have the elevator company add an additional wire.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

what are the things that i need to consider in implementing leaky cables in In-Building Solution? In the design I will not be utilizing antenna since I will replace it...
Hello friends, I try to write a program for stop watch with the help of applet(not swing) and thread. I completed to make the thread for this check out this...
For which of the following pairs of integers is the least common multiple of the integers minus their greatest common divisor the greatest? A) 3.12 B) 5.6 C) 10.20 D)...
Smith and Jones each had a salary of X dollars a year. Smith's salary was first reduced Y% (0
Hello friends, I have a project to make a music player using java. I completed my half of job.That is i just created a simple music player. Well i started...