polymer shafts

Hi

I want any information(document) about polymer shafts please.

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Polymers are unlikely candidates for drive shafts. They have poor strength and thermal properties compared to metals. They also have large thermal expansion coefficients. They may find a use in some medical applications involving low power and low RPM.
    Are you looking for any specific application?
  • Rishabh1234
    Rishabh1234
    what about CFRP shafts
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Rishabh1234
    what about CFRP shafts
    CFRP has a low CTE and can work as drive shaft. Cost will be high.
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

As the company tweeted the message "i IS COMING" from its official account and asked people to register for their Global Mi Phone Premiere slated to happen on 23 April...
Finally Gnome 3.16 is moved from 'testing' to 'All' in Arch repository. Gnome DE is turning out to be more and more awesome with some major and minor changes. PS...
Valve, the company behind Steam is giving out all steam library games to Mesa developers who have 25 or more patches in past 5 years. Valve in past made all...
Hi , This Smart Spider is controlled through Smartphone/Tablet via Bluetooth Low Energy (PSoC4 BLE). Designed for PSoC® Pioneer Challenge 2015 by Ashok R Vote@ https://review.wizehive.com/voting/view/photocontest2015/29382/2971274/0
I search after information that can explain to me more about what a control engineer in robotics company should to know how to do in these areas: 1. Choose the...