Plz Help Me out! Career decision

I am a 1st year Mechanical Student.....!!!!!
I am interested in Aeronautical Engineering....as my higher studies..!!!!
but seeing the future vision...Mechatronics also facinates me....
Can you temme......which is the best one I can continue after my undergratuation....
into the field of Aeronautical or Robotics.....?????
Which one will grant me a safer future.....?

Plz help me out.....? ๐Ÿ˜”

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Okay, I guess time to go back to the basics ๐Ÿ˜€

Tell us, what makes you think that you have a better future as a Mechatronics Engineer than as an Aeronautical Engineer? Probably, you have found out; or just heard a friend commenting that a degree in mechatronics engineering will earn you a high paying job.

Both fields are entirely different. In my opinion, since you have ample time to decide which career to choose; you should let some time pass by. Keep an eye on developments in both the fields you'll know what's for you in both of the fields.

But in the end, choose the one that gives you more satisfaction. If you do what you love to do, money will follow.

Probably, you were not looking for such an advice ๐Ÿ˜€ . In my opinion, its too early to decide.
  • vissin
    vissin
    Keep your options open... I'm sure you'll make up your mind by the time you complete your BE. There's no need to be so impatient. I wanted to be a Physicist when I completed my 12th. But I'm happy with what I am now... being paid to do things I'd do for free anyway.
  • gohm
    gohm
    Both gave you great advise! I originally studied microbiology.
  • zeba
    zeba
    Man i really understand this situation..the case is quite close to mine.
    If u r fascinated by the neural networking, if ur dream is to contribute to the work going on to make a robot resemble humans in intelligence, if u wanna be a part of the great pioneers, or u believe that even u might one day come across a new idea(or hav already come) u wanna implement, on which no one is working till date or it's just in the budding stage...GO FOR IT.
    That was a biased answer..well i tell u a trick. Close ur eyes assume u hav airplane in 1 hand & a robot in another. ask ur friend to say start and stop b/w which u have to honestly select alternately 1 hand. when ur stopped, think of the hand which u were desperate to be stopped at at the end. This is what u want n what will keep u happy. Try it!๐Ÿ˜›
  • zeba
    zeba
    I feel ur priority is money n job security. In that case the above advice is quite funny.๐Ÿ˜”
  • suyash
    suyash
    zeba
    well i tell u a trick. Close ur eyes assume u hav airplane in 1 hand & a robot in another. ask ur friend to say start and stop b/w which u have to honestly select alternately 1 hand. when ur stopped, think of the hand which u were desperate to be stopped at at the end. This is what u want n what will keep u happy. Try it!
    :clap::clap::clap: I'm simply speechless !!
  • $..Aj..Rules..$
    $..Aj..Rules..$
    Thank you Big K....!!!!!!
    I belong to a college which is in a rural place.....!!!!
    We dont get much exposure... about anything here...
    I am always confused between everything which I here from seniors and wat I see in Surroundings....!!!!
    One thing keeps striking me and pokes like cactus....!!!!!
    tat is,,....!!! how can I make max Money in Min Time...!!!
    I want to bring changes in my college.....!!!
    and I know only money can do tat...!!!
    there are many students here whose ideas are left as only dreams....!!!!
    I want to even buid my own Transformers Like Robot...!!!
    I am totally Confused between Ambition And My Aim.....!!!!
    Sometimes heart Says..... M.Tech is Made for you..... And somtimes Mind says you r made 4 MBA....!!!!!
    Do U think M.Tech will give me enough Money to handle my problems......!!!!
    I know I am Asking dumb questions...!!!!
    but I even know...u'll surely help me out......!!!!
    I'll just do watever You say.....!!!!
    And presently.. i'll concentrate on my studies.....!!!!
    Plz....keep suggesting....
    Ajay....!!!
  • $..Aj..Rules..$
    $..Aj..Rules..$
    Yep....!!! think so you are right....!!!!
    Really....to be a Crazy engineer......its really....tuff....!!!!
  • $..Aj..Rules..$
    $..Aj..Rules..$
    Sometimes......!!!!! I feel will I be somewhere.......!!!!! or Not.....
    but Sometimes I Feel..... atlast I am here...but 4 wat.....?
    You caught me right Zeba...... I Am confused tat if I go for Robotics...... will I get enough money to invest in tat....!!!
    or do some job first and then concentrate on Ambitions.....!!!!!
    kya pata....!!!
    If you can....thn plz do some suggestions....!!!
    i'll be glad.....!!!!
    I think I am gonna combine both my interests......!!!!
    I mean.....building a robotic transforming helicopter.....!!!!
    its just like knowing the destination but not the path for me....!!!!
    thnks friend....!!!!!
    Have a nice time.....!!!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    AJ..Rules,

*Important*

Can you go soft on those long trails of dots and exclamation marks? Take a look at how other members format their posts. Make your posts readable and DO NOT USE languages other than English!

I've a lot to say after reading your post(s). Whether you are located in some remote place or in the Times Square - Geography doesn't matter as long as you have access to the Internet. With CrazyEngineers, you have access to thousands of engineers from all over the globe with whom you can make your dreams come true.

However...

I see that you are bit confused with what to do in life. I wish anyone here tells me answer to this -

how can I make max Money in Min Time
    No one knows!

Are you serious? I can tell you 1000 great people who changed the world when they had no money to feed themselves. Money can never be a 'problem'.
    Sometimes heart Says..... M.Tech is Made for you..... And somtimes Mind says you r made 4 MBA....!!!!!
    You aren't talking about your ambition or your aim. You are talking about means to achieve your aim. You are still in first year of engineering and I believe its early to decide what you really want to do.

Take my advice, concentrate on your studies and have fun in college. Try to do things that don't need money and still bring a positive change in your surroundings.

You will be successful & make lot of money if you find out what you really love to do. Its bit difficult and not as easy as it sounds. Keep your eyes and ears open and you will realize it soon.

Best of luck.
  • vissin
    vissin
    $..Aj..Rules..$
    how can I make max Money in Min Time...!!!
    there are many students here whose ideas are left as only dreams....!!!!
    I want to even buid my own Transformers Like Robot...!!!
    Ha ha ha... now isn't that what we all have felt at one point or the other. The council that I'll give you now is all based on personal and vicarious experiences. Just read it and keep it in your mind and it might help you sort your own shit out.

I'm sorry to break the news to you brother, but there is no such pill in this world that you can eat and have all your wishes come true. "Max. money in Min Time" is a dangerous thought to have. Haven't you heard of the phrase "You can't have your cake and eat it too"? If you try too desperately for max in min you'll only land up in trouble. There is no shortcut to success.

No matter how you are; you're not all that unique. There are many ppl who think just like you. So rest assured that it's not your sole responsibility to fix things.

As far as confusion is concerned, do as the dude Krishna says, "Karmanyavaadikaaraste...".

There's plenty of time. If you're not lazy and if you're all that proactive you can maybe have your cake and eat it too.
  • $..Aj..Rules..$
    $..Aj..Rules..$
    I am glad to be an CE, thank you so much big K, I'll just do as you said but just keep guiding me and my way to my goal. I'll always be in touch wit CE
    Chao..
    have a nice time..!
  • $..Aj..Rules..$
    $..Aj..Rules..$
    Yo vissin,thanks for helping me out, your words did really pierced in my both hemispheres of brain,I am feeling better now.
    thnx 1nce again.
    c ya...!
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Many have said much on this post so I really won't be adding much new. The only thing I would like to tell you is, "When you have made the choice and gone forward with it, don't regret it and feel that the other would have been better". And yes you are worrying too much about the future. Your mind will me much more clearer after some time.
    Human Psych. is such that today we want to do something, tomorrow something else. I remember when I was small I the first profession of my choice was to become a Steam Engine(Railways) Driver and after some time I wanted to own a Zoo.

P.S.
    If the choices are not clear why don't you do a double M.Tech. One in Aeronautical and the other in Mechatronics. Having two degrees will be even more fun then one. If you are patience enough to study 4 more years after B.Tech
  • prabhat kumar
    prabhat kumar
    yes u choose mechanical branch its good but u want higher education in awronautical u got problem. i want to know in ur college aeronautical branch
    is.if yes then u change the branch right now in 1st year enjoy.
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Lot of interesting replies on this thread, and some of them really amusing too. I think it is important that before you decide what you want to do, you need to assess what you are good at. I have myself made lot of deliberations after I joined Engineering whether this was a right choice. It turned out to be right in the end. You need to be patient with yourself. And more so, persistent with what you do. Edison only invented light after failing 2000 times. But he was absolutely sure about what he was doing. The bulb didn't happen by chance.

Mate, don't worry too much about minting money. The only way to earn maximum money in minimum time today is to be a contract killer or to be a cricketer in the IPL. If you can be neither, then don't worry. Keep doing what you are good at and be the best in what you do. Money will come to you eventually.
  • vidit.iitr
    vidit.iitr
    Dear Aj

You're thinking way too much, way too early. Give yourself a good shake, and channelize your (immense) energy into your studies, keepin your eyes and ears open to the latest developments in both the field that attract you right now. Maybe you can take up some projects etc to do in your summer vacs (such as...NOW!) to get to know more about these fields.

No one can prophesise the better field for you, no, not even you at this stage. Just be honest to whatever you do. Chances are, you may even grow to positively dislike mechatronics or aeuronautics as you pursue it, automatically making the other your career option !! ;-)

"Truth and Activity"

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Help......the line follower once again!!! okay so i finally have a few days to myself again and i have decided to try and finish up this line follower that i...
Everyday, we get lots of new members with really 'odd' user ids ๐Ÿ˜‰ . So, I think it would be interesting to know the reason behind that odd yourname of...
Any high degree in MBA/Marketing online? What would be the top universities that provide Online MBA/ marketing courses, if you have any idea about that please give me information.
๐Ÿ˜”Well it's a matter of fact that MBAs do proclaim themselves as professionals. Well Iam really scrambled here, Can any one help me out?๐Ÿ˜
This blog is mainly for beginners in robotics , this wuld give them a head start towards robotics, plz plz check it out and comment so tat i can improve...