PLUTO-not planet anymore

Since my childhood, I have been taught that there are 9 planets in all.
But recent studies,has shown that there are 8 planets in all and PLUTO is not to be considered as planet anymore.

PLUTO has now been characterised in DWARF PLANETS.

Replies

• rosh009
    rosh009
    😭
    hmm.........itz realyy sad to see pluto out of our family!!!
    and now the children r taught to remember our planetz as follows:
    "my very excellent mother just served us noodlez!!!"😁
    but 👍 i'm damn sure tat in another tenyears[if not in the next five yrs] there will be atleast 2-3 planets added to our system!!!
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    rosh009
    😭
    but 👍 i'm damn sure tat in another tenyears[if not in the next five yrs] there will be atleast 2-3 planets added to our system!!!
    Dear K

2-3 years... It should be in 2-3 months...
    Scientests have discovered 3 more planets ... Don't remember name but they are going to add very soon... Total of 11..hurrahhh....

Meeting in Prague over the past week, IAU members rejected a proposal to increase the number of planets to 12 by including Ceres, the largest known asteroid, which orbits between Mars and Jupiter; Charon, which has been considered Pluto's moon; and 2003 UB313, an object nicknamed "Xena" that was discovered in 2005 orbiting far beyond Pluto.
    Pluto is now considered a "dwarf planet" because it has an oblong orbit that overlaps with Neptune's orbit.
    Ceres and Xena will also be considered dwarf planets. Charon is simply one of the "small solar system bodies."

--Crazy
  • rosh009
    rosh009
    well! i think the 3 extra planets that were in discussion in prague were ceres,charon,xena and even the jupiters moon "GABRIELE" was also in discussion.
    and does anyone have any information on the mission planned by NASA to deflect a 200km. asteroid which is slated to hit earth around 2035.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi from Netramohan Kakati
I'm a communications engineering student and wish to know a bit about mobile tower capacity. Can someone tell me how many calls are handled by a mobile tower at a...
hey ce'ans !!!😛 i think threads like analogies in gre wud be far more effective😁 if those posting the questions can answer it by giving reason as to why tat...

F1

we should have a thread on F1... i didn't saw any.... Isn't there any F1 lover,........ If then you predications that who will win this years championship... Shumi.. or Alonso//...
Hello CEans! The schedule is final! We will have our first CE conference on September 9th, 2006 at 5:00 p.m. Indian Standard Time. The conference will be hosted on Zoho...