Pls help me decide my trade?? **URGENT**

Hi friends!! I am in a huge trouble. This is my situation:

everyone's here is telling me that I should not go for Punjab Technical University or Lovely professional university as they aren't very good
and the Thapar institute has already been filled.

So what my parents wants is to take admission in any college and then after 1 year leave that college and go to Canada for further studies. I am good with this idea.

Now my parents are also saying that I don't have much scope in electrical engg. and I should change my field to mechanical, which I realized too after diploma in electrical. But electrical still holds the most special place in my heart

Now I want to know that if I do engg in Canada, then which field should I prefer, coz in India electrical engg. aren't that well paid/employed as compared to the mechanical engineers.

Please help me decide that which field will serve me better in future when I am doing it in Canada.

Thank You friends.

Replies

• shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    As far as I know both have equal scopes , it depends entirely on you how you can make out of it. So if you have interest in Electrical then don't go for Mechanical, go only for your area of interest.

By the way why your parents are asking you to spend 1 year in a college? Can't you go to Canada before 1 year ? ๐Ÿ˜•

Also remember one line: "Work for learning not for earning " ๐Ÿ˜€
  • kashish0711
    kashish0711
    IDK abt Canada but at least in India, the mechanical students always remain in more demand than electrical. ๐Ÿ˜”

right now after diploma, 90% students of mechanical field have been employed in various companies whereas only 10 students have been called for an interview. So I am bit scared about future of electrical students in India. ๐Ÿ˜”

actually the last date for applying in Canada was 29th june, I missed it, I aksed them for late entry but they said they already gave the remaining seats to local citizens when no more international student applied. ๐Ÿ˜”

and I thats a lovely line, will always remain close to my heart. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ...and wrestling would make you more money.

Not making fun. Just saying you should go with the discipline you like. No one can tell you what the situation will be after 4 years from now.

When I graduated, there was no demand in the industry and we had to spend almost one year without a job. Then CS/IT engineers were in demand and now, I can show you 1000 CS/IT students who got 'Sorry' letters from the companies that hired them.

Civil engineers are always in Demand. Architects are also in demand.

Don't opt for a discipline with job guarantee/demand in mind. It will hurt you in the bum later - for sure. Trust me on this.
  • kashish0711
    kashish0711
    I got the point and loved it from my heart. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Now how do I convince my mom and my sister. ๐Ÿ˜•

The_Big_K
    ...and wrestling would make you more money.
    believe me it won't ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Ok, just a word of caution: "Following the heart" is bit 'overrated' & 'misunderstood' term. I believe you should first collect facts & statistics (of the criteria, prospects, deadlines) and combine them with your interest. Present them to your mom & sister and have a round-table discussion with them ๐Ÿ˜€

When you apply engineers' approach to analysis & decision-making; you'll come up with surprising discoveries.
  • safwan
    safwan
    Hay, if you are going to canada then if in Toronto then go for Centennial college. their is one more famouse its University of Toronto. i Know this as i am already searching for this university.
  • inform
    inform
    kashish0711
    Hi friends!! I am in a huge trouble. This is my situation:

everyone's here is telling me that I should not go for Punjab Technical University or Lovely professional university as they aren't very good
    and the Thapar institute has already been filled.

So what my parents wants is to take admission in any college and then after 1 year leave that college and go to Canada for further studies. I am good with this idea.

Now my parents are also saying that I don't have much scope in electrical engg. and I should change my field to mechanical, which I realized too after diploma in electrical. But electrical still holds the most special place in my heart

Now I want to know that if I do engg in Canada, then which field should I prefer, coz in India electrical engg. aren't that well paid/employed as compared to the mechanical engineers.

Please help me decide that which field will serve me better in future when I am doing it in Canada.

Thank You friends.
    I think you must go after your interest.it hardly matters after that.I took IT branch,although i knew about the job scarcity in this sector.It was my interest that I opted for this field.I had various options infront of me like mechanical,electronics etc but i took IT as I have interest in it.In fact if you have interest in some field you have every possibility of finding a good job.So go ahead and give weightage to your interest.๐Ÿ˜

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Are there guys who are doing stock trading and making money ? And can we exchange some ideas ?
Hi I am new in this forum and hope I will enjoy here of my visit .I hope you all are always supportive with me. ===================================================================
Hi friends please help me in solving these questions Q.1 Interface 2K Byte ROM and 3K Byte RAM with 8085. Memory IC available are 1K x 8 ROM, 1K x...
Please, can anyone here give the material(algorithm n flowchart) to be included in the record book for the HOME APPLIANCE CONTROL USING MOBILE mini project ...
pl send me some latest and interesting project topics in the field of vlsi and embedded systems,its urgent i m doing B.E. in electronics