Pls help it really damn urgent !! regarding mobile data tranfer via bluetooth

Hi Techies,

I have developed application in Visual basic 2010 in which i am fetching GPS coordinates from mobile phone through bluetooth using com ports , I have option of selecting com ports in my VB.NET application but problem is that when I connect my mobile through bluetooth it gets connected and normal photo/video sharing can be done. But it shows peripheral drivers missing , after a strong research i found to assign peripheral drivers to comp port but it stays temperory . I have only one compport listed in my blue tooth settings where as when I run the same application in my friends laptop running on win XP he has got llisted 4 comports in blue tooth settings , Please give suggestions for this problem .I wasted a lot time in searching this as a result my deadline to accomplish this task is 1 day away .Please help techies.

Mobile is nokia e 63
dell INSPIRON laptop internal bluetooth adapter

Regards,
King99

Replies

• RajdeepCE
    RajdeepCE
    Hi king99,
    I was having same problem like you in last month. I was trying to interface my nokia mobile through COM ports using datacable. However I was able to connect it successully & sometime failed too. After too much messing with Device Manage of Windows 7, I came to know that the root cause o this problem is that the COM port is being used by another application while you are trying to access it simultaneously with your application. So basically I turned off my PC Suite application & restart the system so that the COM ports get free. And finally I tried connect mobile through my application and I was able to do it without any error this time. ( But dont start PC suite first, else your system's COM port will automatically get occupied by PC Suite)

Let us know if you still encounter any problem.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The structure life depend upon concrete strength. . . The admixtures like asphalt and other mixtures increase the concrete strength and initial setting time of concrete. . So admixtures is...
hi, i am abhi, persuing M.sc in Computer Science. I have no knowledge in electronics though i need to develop a car that performs the followings- 1) Automatically senses obstacle...
->Click on start button ->click on run ->type regedit.exe ->press enter ->you will find there regedit editor
Microsoft's software are the most demanding one among all others. Because it provides solution to all job roles whether it is for student or a IT Professional. Also it provides...
->RUN type cmd ->Type ping_space_site name press Enter ->cmd command will show site ip...