please help....urgent.....8051

hey guys....i need some help urgently. I have worked with the PIC16f877 before but have no experience working with the 8051 controller. i have the c8051320 development board made by silicon. I need to write code using c to do the following....i am using the keil environment and must use hyperterminal to create user interface window that looks like follows:

s-start motor
p-stop motor
f-forward
r-reverse

on start up the menu should appear on the pc monitor. a simple dc motor is connected via a h-bridge to the microcontroller board. the aim of this code is to control the dc motor

1. speed of the motor should be varied by means of pwm. this must be implemented using the PCA of the C8051f320.
2. Variation of the PWM signal is done using the potentiometer found on the board. The pot. must be used to adjust the voltage input to the ADC on the c8051f320 which will in turn vary the duty cycle of the pwm signal.

This is really really urgent. Can some one help me please!!!!!!😔

Replies

• skipper
    skipper
    Which part of the design is the biggest problem? Is it the 8051 instruction set, which you say you have no experience with, or is it the terminal interface you need to write?

(could you detail what the problem is, your post is quite general).
  • preeste
    preeste
    Everything is a problem😔 The biggest being on how to use the pca to give a pwm output and the code that will do this
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    * Scratching my head and thinking in which year of engineering and which subject I was taught this electronic stuff *

[ PS: @CE Team Can call it a part of sarcacism 😉 ]
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    preeste
    Everything is a problem😔 The biggest being on how to use the pca to give a pwm output and the code that will do this
    Can you please give some more Detail..

@ Mod
    Please Move this thread to Electrical and Electronics Section please
  • preeste
    preeste
    hey there...the first post i put up has all the information....what else would you like to know? please help guys.....i need help
  • skipper
    skipper
    Look at it this way, if I had a boss give me the information you posted and say: "build this", the first response would be "build what, with what, and to do what?"

Next, after some details emerged, I'd ask where the design spec is, and what specifically the design was NOT meant to do.
    After narrowing this down, I'd spend time working out what I thought the boss wanted (on paper) and take my "solution" and ask if it was what they were asking for. This isn't wasting time, wasting time is what you do when there are no specs, no design and no discussion except "build this for me"

If that wasn't what they wanted (the design step) I'd start looking for another job, where design and discussion of plans to build stuff is an accepted part of the job.

Otherwise "go for it mate..."

I might be able to assist with the instruction set, and the array programming - you get exactly one shot I bet, so it has to be "right first time"? If that is the expectation, explain that you will need more specs and more details, so you can draw up a design first, rather than burn several arrays and have to bin them. It's just my way, really.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Remember Intel's shape shifting matter concepts? Well, those realty-bending cats at DARPA are looking to put their own spin on it with a Programmable Matter program of their own. As...
hi folks, check this out and give valuable or invaluble suggetions.. How about using a small turbine instead of an engine in a car to produce power. The turbine shaft...
i want to make a software in java language. this software is about library manegment system. i want some help. because i am facing some dificulties. Regards. madiha
Here is kumar, and my discipline is in electronics and want to attempt a job for the central government. Can anyone suggest which is good book for central govt. posts...
In 2005, a passout of college Mr. Avin had started a software company and christened it as 'Softech', which had 15 employees and 25 systems. Avin's past studies of various...