Please help: Suspension system to recharge the battery

HI there...Iam a 1st year Electrical engineering student.My friends and I wanted to do a project on Electric cars...n' i was assigned with it's Battery part...I had an Idea o' usin' the suspension system to recharge the battery..usin' a transducer...so that i could harness energy from every bump i see...so plz if any one could help me..let know..Thank u...

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Hi Ron, welcome to CE! Are you talking about a real electric car, or those small RC cars? Regardless, I dont think the transducer(s) will produce enough to recharge the battery in either case, if you use the standard piezoelectric transducers. Perhaps if you make use of a electromagnetic solenoid, that might be a little effective.. but anywayz, good idea though 😉

How about trying to harness the heat from the motors or circuit components? That would require you to dig into the use of MEMs transducers though.
  • eccentronix
    eccentronix
    ya, the solenoid sounds pretty... how about the concept on which the dynamic microphone works... not sure on how much current that could produce... if ur using a suspension system, the coil could be linked to the springs...hmmm, im just spitting whatever is coming to my mind...
    is there a way that the tires be connected back to a coil somehow so that they may inturn produce current to charge the battery?
    ill update this if i get more ideas...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, Ever since CE started, we've been following the No-SMS-Text policy on our forums. Despite all efforts, we continue to get posts full of abbrivations (and I believe they are...
big_k, i have read quite a lot of interviews that you have conducted with bjarne stroustrup, yashwant kanetkar and many more. I have seen that its not just you who...
Hey CEans! I'm maintaining an old compaq laptop of mine by trying to use lean applications on the computer. I've recently upgraded its hard disk (from 20gb to 120gb), but...
Title: Networking Interest: I m planning 2 make an application which will automatically switch on-off the switch if there is no traffic on switch.......This is an idea which i have...pls...
i know this thread is been discussed before..but i would like 2 add that instead of bluetooth if we use wi-fi...cos now-a-days many mobiles hav wi-fi...and an application even on...