Please Help Me To Configure My Iball Baton 150m Wireless Router

I have been a spidigo internet subscriber for 8 months now and using a broadband cable connection. I wanted to use mobile phone and a laptop through wireless medium hence I bought iball baton 150m wireless router and tried to setup using a manual guide which came along with the router. I did everything as mentioned in the guide but wasn't successful so I contacted my ISP for support. In response they told me their technical support is limited to internet connection issues and they cant help me in setting up a router. So I contacted a local spidigo technician in my area who managed every spidigo internet issue in my locality. He helped me in setting up my router by configuring some parameters through iball baton router's web admin configuration panel (via 192.168.1.1). He configured everything very fast and didn't gave me a chance to notice what he did and charged 300 bucks for support.

Thereafter I used my wireless router successfully without any problem but a week ago I faced some connectivity problems with my router. I checked the connection by using a broadband cable and found connection to be flawless. So i contacted the same technician again and he told me to factory reset the router using a reset button. By doing so all the previous settings he configured on my router got wiped. I cant configure the router again so I am required to contact this technician for support but I don't want to pay him again. If any one is using iball baton router please help me to configure my router ๐Ÿ˜”

Thanks

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Welcome to CE, #-Link-Snipped-#. Configuring router shouldn't require special settings you can't find easily. Have you tried running the easy setup wizard? I think all you'd require is-

1. ISP username/password
    2. Router username/password [Usually admin/admin]

Try following the guide available here - How to Set Up WiFi Connection with iBall Baton 150M Extreme Wireless N Router on MTNL DSL Modem
  • Shoubhik Basu
    Shoubhik Basu
    HEllo Sir i did all the steps to configure the router.. its working but its wireless thing is not showing.. i mean the the WIFI its not showing in my laptop.. or in my phone.. i using it through the LAN cable.. plZ HELP..
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    The SSID might be hidden. Just key in directly while configuring your laptop.
  • Shoubhik Basu
    Shoubhik Basu
    How do i unhide it...???
  • Varun Shihara
    Varun Shihara
    may be u need to change the ip of lan... check this#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    #-Link-Snipped-# , I think you have I-ball 150m extreme wireless-n router ? Yes?

I have the same router, and the problem is all about resetting that.

I'm using D Link modem with that, and if I go to ( #-Link-Snipped-# ) which helps in going to configuration for every router, what I get is actually setting of my modem (not router) , earlier sometimes it had shown settings of router but then for long I've not seen it.

The best way to reset it is using the CD drive you got with it. Just connect all things in place (Modem => Router => Computer/Laptop via wlan) and then run the setup, it would very quickly help you in setting up the things and would save you from trauma of going to hectic process.

Sometime back I misplaced that CD, someone was using my wifi, and I couldn't do much about it.. 192.168.1.1 always landed me to my modem's configuration not router's configuration. It was a terrible thing, really.

Please let me know if you need further help ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Sorry, my bad didn't see this topic was one year old.

But I wish this would help someone looking for the same ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Harshil Modi
    Harshil Modi
    hey, anyone will please let me know, how to setup i-ball baton N 150 with spidigo connections.
    Does it require to register MAC id of my router to spidigo ?
    if yes, then show me the alternative method as spidigo people doesnot provide any support like registering mac ID etc..
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Try following the guide available here - How to Set Up WiFi Connection with iBall Baton 150M Extreme Wireless N Router on MTNL DSL Modem
    As mentioned in the link above -

Connect the power adapter to the router. Remove the Ethernet cable connecting the DSL modem to the PC. Connect the Ethernet cable from the DSL modem to the WAN port in the router. Connect the other Ethernet cable from one of the 4 slots on the router to the LAN port on your PC. Make sure the phone line is also connected to the DSL modem in case it is removed.

Turn on the router and the DSL modem. Once the setup is done, go to one of the web browsers and type in "192.168.1.1" on the URL bar and hit enter. The username and password is "admin".

Go to "Quick configuration" on the left side of the screen. Click next, then click wireless client router and hit next. Select PPPoE and hit next. Username would be landline phone number and password is the C.A.No.(customer account number) which can be found on your phone bill.

On the next page you have to fill SSID and BSID, do this by clicking on survey and connect with any of the channels present.

Select security(if you want a password) called WPA-PSK, put in your password and the last bar with SSID would be the name of your WiFi. Put any name.
  • Parth Jain
    Parth Jain
    Hey,
    i have the same problem, my router got reseted by mistake but sorry to say that i couldnt get any help from the above discussion.
    Can you please help me and give me a step by step option answer for the quick configuration option.(like what to chose between wireless router or wireless client router,etc.).
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Parth Jain
    Hey,
    i have the same problem, my router got reseted by mistake but sorry to say that i couldnt get any help from the above discussion.
    Can you please help me and give me a step by step option answer for the quick configuration option.(like what to chose between wireless router or wireless client router,etc.).
    Please let us know more details like your Router's company, model, etc.

Do you want to configure the old one or searching to buy a new one?
  • Parth Jain
    Parth Jain
    Sanyam Khurana
    Please let us know more details like your Router's company, model, etc.

Do you want to configure the old one or searching to buy a new one?
    its iball baton 150M and yeah i want to configure my old router
  • Ashish Kothare
    Ashish Kothare
    Hi,
    I have a iBall Baton 150 M which i use to share my DSL connection in my house. Some time back I applied a firmware upgrade to it from the iBall site and since then I've started facing problems.
    I'm unable to access the router's admin page. it just doesnt show up and so I cant change the configurations. This is important to me as I have MAC address filtering enabled for WiFi connections along with the WPA authentication. So anytime I want to connect a new device to the network, I need to first enter the MAC address in the access list of the router. But now since I cant get to the admin page, I'm unable to do that at all. The devices that are already added to the list are connecting fine but I'm unable to add new ones or remove any unwanted ones. Also, the reset button no longer works.
    Can someone please help? Is there any other way to connect to the router like Telnet etc. to fix it?
  • naveenraj96
    naveenraj96
    i setup my iball router and when i connect to internet by my username and password it shows invalid mac address
  • Robin Chauhan
    Robin Chauhan
    HEY CAN YOU HELP ME WITH THIS ...
    When I press the WPS/WLAN button on MY MODEM , it Enables THE WPS instead of the WIFI... HOW can I configure it.. pLEASE help...
  • sison simon
    sison simon
    connect the modem and insert the disk and then try to configure it
  • Harshal123456
    Harshal123456
    Hey bro,
    same problem i faced since today morning,
    BUT i SOLVED IT JUST NOW AND THE SOLUTION IS VERY VERY VERY SIMPLE.
    Remember:
    for digiflip router or any other(tplink router):
    -->go to 198.168.1.1
    -->admin admin blabla
    -->Go to "advance setting"
    -->Site setting-->TCP/IP setting-->LAN interface-->make DHCP DISABLE(this is main solution)

-->there you go folks.kudos.๐Ÿ˜€โ€‹
  • sardar kalikate
    sardar kalikate
    hi..........im facing problem with my i ball router...it is not powering on..how do i trouble shoot...this problem..please give me solution..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    sardar kalikate
    hi..........im facing problem with my i ball router...it is not powering on..how do i trouble shoot...this problem..please give me solution..
    Missed this. It's an old post, but could you solve the issue? If yes, please do share how you fixed the issue so that our fellow engineers facing similar problem will benefit. If you are still facing the issue, provide more details.

Was the router functional before the problem occurred or it's not working ever since you unboxed it? Did you update its firmware or perform any actions that might have resulted into loss of functionality?
  • TheThinker
    TheThinker
    Help me out, my router "150M Wireless N ADSL2+ Router". I bought it before 2 years and after 1 year i can't get access on WI-FI because the setting has been hiding and also WLAN light has been off. So then i've re-factored my router then the WI-FI settings has been up and light has fallen on WLAN. Then after two days it has gone again. After that i didn't cared about it..., So till today it is off. I want my wireless setting to be back and i want to use it again. Anyone can help me out? is the setting hiding actually? [โ€‹IMG]
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - Try downloading and updating the router's firmware? The latest firmware might fix the issue for you.
  • TheThinker
    TheThinker
    Thanks but, when i added new file into#-Link-Snipped-#
    should i anything to restore option?#-Link-Snipped-#
  • pavan kumar
    pavan kumar
    sir i am having trouble with login when i opened it showing #-Link-Snipped-#
    please help me

hello i had a problem with
    iball baton
    it showing #-Link-Snipped-#
    please help me
    regarding login
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - Can you describe your problem a bit in more detail? We are unable to understand what exact problem you're facing. Please take some time to write all the information relevant to your question so that we can understand what the problem is and offer help.
  • pavan kumar
    pavan kumar
    after conneting to laptop
    I said just opened web page and 192.168.1.1
    its not opening the I ball portal page
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    pawan kumar chinnu
    after conneting to laptop
    I said just opened web page and 192.168.1.1
    its not opening the I ball portal page
    You need to connect to the wireless network originating from your router to connect. Are you getting wireless connection from your router?
  • Nika
    Nika
    Here is a step by step guide for iBall baton 150 router setup. It also includes wireless settings & security settings.
  • cdacjitesh
    cdacjitesh
    Hello Friends,

I have been using Spidigo from last 5 months through Router,suddenly my router got wiped out..Now i am not able to configure it, I am using I-Ball 150m..
    Issues are coming with configurations,
    When i successfully reconfigured it with spidigo Only limited amount of devices got connected with internet.Rest of connected devices did not get internet though they are connected with Router..
    I have checked everything Mac add limitation and all that but did not able to find and issue..

Let me know if any of you have possible solution..

Regards,
    Jitesh

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I do not even remember that in last one year of so, how many mobile phones reviews I had read. Also, not sure which one is best out of the...
I am student of last year at graduation level.I want to execute my project in Structures devotedly .Kindly suggest me a few emerging and important project topics. The projects which...
Almost 3 months after the release of Resource section; We, CrazyEngineers now have more than 500 books in the CE library & still the number is increasing daily.Thanks to some...
IIT JEE (Advanced) 2013 results are declared two days in advance on 21st June. Earlier results were supposed to be declared on 23rd June. Though results are announced couple of...
Ever thought of your wearable 3D TV? Sony had come-up with the world's first wearable peronal 3D viewer in India @just 69,900. This would be available for use by mid-...