PLEASE help me if you are really good at computers cus i have a problem. Thanks!!

So i have a trojan that has hijacked my ip and maybe other things. Its a trojan.dropper so its automatically uploading viruses to my computer in the background. Ive tried Malwarebytes and Superantispyware. Malwarebytes finds the virus and deletes it but on reboot its back because i believe it changes its name as a defense mechanism. Ive also tried many commands with cmd such as clearing routes, caches etc. And ive restored the computer to an earlier date but the virus remains. Is it possible to manually delete this? Any suggestions you may have would be a great help. 😎

Thank-You, ProdigiousJ

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Have you searched for the processes that aren't 'system processes' in your task manager - look for something suspicious like 'iexplore' or 'searcher' (it could be any name). Then stop that process. I recommend installing latest free version of AVAST antivirus. I'm sure it can detect and remove the malware.

I'd also recommend installing a firewall (if you're on windows, the default firewall does the job most of the times).
  • ProdigiousJ
    ProdigiousJ
    Ya i did actually and nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Even researched some of them that i was unfamiliar with. And ya i got a powerful firewall from an AVG 2011 trial which is pretty efficient. Praveen also replied actually saying he knows of something made for analyzing hijacks and then he wants me to send him the log to give me instructions. I have never encountered or battled a virus has difficult as this, soo many defense mechanisms including boot logging and advanced masking of itself. Ridiculous. But ya ill check that AVAST Antivirus out.

Thanks, ProdigiousJ
  • Paul12
    Paul12
    Hi ProdigiousJ,

Try following this removal guide: #-Link-Snipped-#

It should help solve your virus problems.
  • ProdigiousJ
    ProdigiousJ
    Thanks Paul, i will take a look at it. 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I remember when a nasty malware had attacked our office computers. All we did were - stop the suspicious processes and then removed the files manually. Then ran antivirus check (Norton) and it cleaned up everything. Are you 100% sure there are no unwanted processes on your machine? I'll recommend taking a critical look once again.

If that leads to nothing - maybe you should give Avast a try. I'd not trust trial versions Antivirus as their functionality is restricted. AVAST is 100% free for home use and takes care of 99.99% unwanted stuff.
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    hey why don't you try kaspersky antivirus
  • ProdigiousJ
    ProdigiousJ
    Alright i think i got it taken care of. Thank-You for your wise and kind suggestions.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can you please suggest any books for making me write application program in micro-controller, As I am totally innocent about writing application programs I need to start from scratch, interested...
Scientists have used X-ray computed tomography to produce 3D images of a 49 million-year-old spider trapped inside an opaque piece of fossilised amber resin. Read more: Scientists get a 3D...
Quote: A new £5m initiative aims to explore how connecting everyday technologies such as cars and electricity meters to the internet could make them more useful. Endquote Read more: £5m...
Identify him ?which famous structure he designed? Image Upload !
I want to set up BSNL broad band connection in my computer. But the computer says " Install the network card". I have followed the BSNL CD completely, but the...