Please help me I am confused about my career.

Hello EveryOne,
My age is 33.I did my MCA in 2011 from IGNOU.My session was 2006- 2007(2 yrs)before that I did my BCA session 2003-2005. Because of some personal problems and some back papers it took so long.
I searched for job after doing my MCA but could not get it. I was very good in programming.After some time I got married.Now again I want so start my career.I am very much interested in opting career in TESTING.
I want to take advise from all you experienced people that whether this gaping will effect me in getting job and also the degree I got which took so long time will effect me in searching job in testing?? will the age factor will effect ???[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
Please let me know whether i could make my career in testing.

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    It's never too late. Industry is all about delivering the work you get paid. Doen't matter you are 25 or 35. In short you have to prepared and have knowledge to work on.

Let's get real.
    Aakansha81
    this gaping will effect me in getting job and also the degree I got which took so long time will effect me in searching job in testing?? will the age factor will effect ???[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    In interviews, you have to face this question. Only way to answer is answer with confidence with any hesitation. best is tell the truth.

If you want to hit the career, you have to ask this question to yourself. Why would anyone hire a candidate who has so much of gap after education.
    Answer is you are ready to work in the system and you have the knowledge. To do this, get professional training, do certification of your choice and then put the resume when you are ready.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Everything what #-Link-Snipped-# said is correct. I'd say you need to work on building up your case. I'd assume there are companies in this world that would pay for the skills they are getting than look at your educational track record to make their decisions.

Any advice posted here will assume that the past record is not being used as an excuse to not building a solid skills-set in testing. If you are not in a hurry to find a job; I'd strongly advise on building a very good skills-set and profile by contributing to open source projects. Finding a job is a function of several factors. So make sure that you know the testing domain well. Certifications, professional training will definitely help and may prove to be the right step.
  • Pooja Mehta
    Pooja Mehta
    Thanks for the advise.It will really help me in taking the right decision.Still I have some questions in my mind which I really want to be answered:
    1.)How is the market now a days for Testing .Is Opting testing as a career is right decision for me.I decided to opt bcoz I am interested in doing this course.
    2.) Which is the best institute for professional training.Right now I am in bangalore but I am ready to relocate.
    3.)As testing is completely new for me I am confused from where to start ,which course should be opted first.
    4.) Is open source project should be done after getting professional training or can be done parallely.

Plzz advice me I am totally confused from where to start my career in testing .
    thanks.
  • Pooja Mehta
    Pooja Mehta
    Please reply[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Aakansha81
    1.)How is the market now a days for Testing .Is Opting testing as a career is right decision for me.I decided to opt bcoz I am interested in doing this course.
    Software testing is an integral part of software development and the markets will always be favorable to skilled and experienced people. Whether opting a career in testing prove good for you will be decided entirely by how you approach it. If you start taking interest in testing, learn new things fast, implement them and gain experience; you can build a great career.

Aakansha81
    2.) Which is the best institute for professional training.Right now I am in bangalore but I am ready to relocate.
    This will have to be answered by people from Bangalore who've taken a course. I'd refrain from suggesting any institute.

Aakansha81
    3.)As testing is completely new for me I am confused from where to start ,which course should be opted first.
    Start with the basics of manual testing. You may begin by joining any basic course in software testing that will make you familiar with it. You can even start by reading about manual testing online and asking questions on CrazyEngineers.

Read -> Understand -> post doubts on CrazyEngineers -> get your questions answered -> continue.

Aakansha81
    4.) Is open source project should be done after getting professional training or can be done parallely.
    All I meant was to gain experience at some place. Contributing to any open source project would give you exposure to how it's to work on a project and will definitely look good on your resume. A potential employer will definitely be impressed that you've been taking proactive steps to learn and implement what you've learned.
  • Pooja Mehta
    Pooja Mehta
    Thanks a lot.I will definitely follow your advice.[​IMG]
  • Pooja Mehta
    Pooja Mehta
    Finally I am moving to Bangalore for doing testing course.I need advise from all my experienced friends that :
    1.) I am totally confused should I go with private institutes providing only placement assistence or with those IT companies which give placement along with the training and experience certificates like CMC ltd.
    These companies charges very high for providing training for the course.
    2.) How is Asista testing institute in Bangalore.Is ony one here has done testing course from this institute.
    or have knowledge of any other testing institute.Please help.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Mobile World Congress (MWC 2015) event is going on in full swing and some of the biggest tech giants are making some of the biggest announcements of the year...
The mobile manufacturing company from Finland, Jolla Ltd. is an independent designer, developer and vendor of Jolla smartphones and Jolla tablets. It is also credited with developing an open source...
Hello, I am a new member. I have some question concerning data acquisition on a torque sensor. I have a torque sensor that I use to mesure the torque and...
As a mechanical engineer i have 90% on field job and i hate it and i particularly dont find any scope in it. What am i good at is desk...
Every year the Mobile World Congress serves us products that we have been expecting for a long time and sometimes this event sees product launches that are totally unexpected. Today...