PLC, SCADA, DCS 6 month training help

i am last year student of ece (b.tech) and i want to learn about automation (plc,scada & dcs) in 6th month training.
which type of training is better
in industary or institutes?
if industary then please tell me names of some company & if institute is better then please name of that institutes..
please help me​

Replies

• er.ravi_goyal
    er.ravi_goyal
    sir
    i want internship training in automation (plc,scada & dcs ) .
    please tell me names of companies which provide this type of training..
    help please
  • barath rajamani
    barath rajamani
    first of all... where are u from??
    there are lot of training institutes in Bangalore...
    moreover why do u want to shift from electronics to plc automation field??
  • er.ravi_goyal
    er.ravi_goyal
    sir
    i m from punjab and
    1 want do training in delhi.
    if u r know any name of company who provide free of cost training please tell me.
    &
    i want to shift from electronics to automation fielld because its scoop is more
  • barath rajamani
    barath rajamani
    actually there is now scope in electronics, telecommunication and vlsi field now... my field (automation) is facing very dull situations now...
    and about the course.. why would any company teach for free??
    atleast 18k for 6 months training for various PLCs and HMIs with placement guarantee is what i have seen till now
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    One can never tell what's going to be 'hot' in future. The tech industry moves at a very rapid rate. The best thing in such a situation to do is to take up a course that interests you the most. If you are interested in what you're doing, you'll develop expertise in it - and that's what will be required by any industry. Experts are honored and welcomed everywhere.
  • barath rajamani
    barath rajamani
    rightly said K..
    and i have just told the current situation for someone who wants to jump the profile from electronics to automation or PLC stuff..
    anyway it is up to them.. moreover the course fees of electronics based studies like VLSI or integrated circuits are too costly as compared to these studies..
    @er ravi: decide, analyse then proceed..
  • er.ravi_goyal
    er.ravi_goyal
    thanks friends gor reply
    i want to know that
    my interest in automation
    i went many institutes like safcon, iitp ,max .gravity automation . they provide automation corse at fee between 25k-30k. but i confused which is better.
  • grsalvi
    grsalvi
    1) pricing
    The price of certification depends on what the course covers .
    Like , In Prolific automations (Institute).
    For only PLC : 20k (certification called as Diploma in automation )
    For PLC+SCADA : 35k (certification called certified automation engineer + placement assistance)

2) choosing course
    Choose course according to course content , placement assistance , review of old students (Approach your seniors and Professors).

3) Other options
    If you are just interested to study the subject then find out if there are any workshops.
    Some government colleges arrange annual workshop of PLC automation,and off course they are better than private institutes.

NOTE :
    Though the private institutes assure that they will hand you a job ,but i doubt because two of my friends had done such course but eventually they joined some other job (not automation & not from the training institute).
  • chithrachennai
    chithrachennai
    my idea is ucan do the course in YOKOGAWA they provide fantastic training yar..its in chennai i dono abt bengaluru
  • oprime
    oprime
    Are there any MSME Toolroom(Govt. of India undertaking) branches present in Bangalore? They usually provide training in PLC.

I am from Kolkata and I had done only a 1 month certificate course in PLC a year ago. It cost 5k then.
  • Geetam Bharadwaj
    Geetam Bharadwaj
    chithrachennai
    my idea is ucan do the course in YOKOGAWA they provide fantastic training yar..its in chennai i dono abt bengaluru
    Doing a training in YOKOGAWA / SIEMENS or honeywell is beneficiary if you are experienced because the training cost will be very high and they dnt support for placements.
  • krishnam buch
    krishnam buch
    i am a recent graduate in instumentation and control engg. can you tell me what subjects i should be thorough with in order to get the best out of such trainings?
    i am planning to join one month course at honeywell pune.
  • sndp110491
    sndp110491
    bobgalle
    first of all... where are u from??
    there are lot of training institutes in Bangalore...
    moreover why do u want to shift from electronics to plc automation field??
    Hi,
    I am an elctrical engineer from Bangalore. I have keen interest for a career in SCADA/PLC fields.
    Could you please suggest some names of institutes or companies that povide the best SCADA training in South India.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# If you google up the best SCADA training centers in Bangalore, at least 20 good names will turn up. I recommend visiting the local best institutes and checking who is tutor is. Ask for a demo class before paying fees. If you find their qualifications and teaching style good, go for it. As it would finally boil down to self study. There's plenty of online tutorials, study material available for free. If you couple that with the SCADA institute, you would do better than most.
  • sndp110491
    sndp110491
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# If you google up the best SCADA training centers in Bangalore, at least 20 good names will turn up. I recommend visiting the local best institutes and checking who is tutor is. Ask for a demo class before paying fees. If you find their qualifications and teaching style good, go for it. As it would finally boil down to self study. There's plenty of online tutorials, study material available for free. If you couple that with the SCADA institute, you would do better than most.
    @#-Link-Snipped-# thank you for replying. As suggested, I did attend a couple of demo classes and both of them were good. Luckily I was able to meet some students who were studying there and they said that the daily classes are not up to the standards of the demos given. Now that is when I had these confusions on choosing the right place. Now whatever I have mentioned till now was in Bengaluru.
    I happened to hear that Chennai is the best place for such courses. It would be really helpful if some one could share some light on the right place to study.
    Also adding, I'll be attending a demo class in Chennai this month at Mecton training institute. It seems that they provide placements overseas(Qatar). I'll keep you guys posted and in the meantime if any of you guys have heard something of this sort, please share.
    Again @#-Link-Snipped-# thank you for your interest on the question and do share if you know any of the places for SCADA courses.
  • sathiyamurthi
    sathiyamurthi
    Hello,
    I am design draughtsman. working about 12+ years as draftsman and other roles.I have D.M.E passed on 2002. Now, I am interested to learn Automation course for my better career. Am i eligible? Can i get a job in fresher role after completion of this couse?
    Please anyone help me.
  • Praveen_bng
    Praveen_bng
    bobgalle
    rightly said K..
    and i have just told the current situation for someone who wants to jump the profile from electronics to automation or PLC stuff..
    anyway it is up to them.. moreover the course fees of electronics based studies like VLSI or integrated circuits are too costly as compared to these studies..
    @er ravi: decide, analyse then proceed..
    Hello Sir, I am a Production engineer, with masters in Manufacturing, i finding hard to get a decent industrial job. So i was just thinking of shifting to PLC industrial automation field. Can u suggest sir whether it would be a good option to do that.
  • sathiyamurthi
    sathiyamurthi
    Hi Praveen, Which place are you from? I going to jon PLC/SCADA course from monday onwards n Chennai. I would give you more details in the future days. Keep me in touch.
    I will suggest you the best option.
  • sndp110491
    sndp110491
    sathiyamurthi
    Hi Praveen, Which place are you from? I going to jon PLC/SCADA course from monday onwards n Chennai. I would give you more details in the future days. Keep me in touch.
    I will suggest you the best option.
    Mr. Sathyamurthy..please post ur email id ..
  • Arvind Pandet
    Arvind Pandet
    Dear sndp110491....please suggest whether mecton gives good training or not and whether they include DCS also as part of training?
    Do they really provide job in Qatar after training.
  • sndp110491
    sndp110491
    Hi, Arvind...The answer is NO. If you are an engineer, then this is not the right place. They have two seperate offices in Chennai..one a corporate and the other a training center. Luckily, I was able to meet the students stuying in the training center..Mecton does offer you an internship in Qatar,,but it is the post of an electrician and not an engineer...So, they give emphasis on routing cables..and stuffs like that....Scada is just a small unit in their program...Mecton acts a resource company where they send people overseas (for 6 months)..get the work done for a cheap pay.....
  • vikash chandra
    vikash chandra
    i am a final year student of electronics and communication i was thinking of doing a course of dcs and plc in yokogawa. is it good to do this type of training ? what do u think about yokogawa training and placement? help me
  • vikash chandra
    vikash chandra
    and what do u think of yokogawa chennai training in plc and dcs,is it good place? what s d future scope in plc dcs ??? is ther any possibility of getting placement after doing training in yokogawa??
  • Ubongy
    Ubongy
    Please can I get a functioning website for yokogawa training in India?
  • Peerla asma sulthana
    Peerla asma sulthana
    sir, Iam a graduate of electrical engineering passed out in 2015. I would like to know about plc job oppurtunities and salaries for freshers
  • Ali Mustafa Naas
    Ali Mustafa Naas
    Hello
    Whats about these two institutes anybody tried or have any ideas about it??
    #-Link-Snipped-#

and:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Do you think it is an good option to go through for PLC,SCADA,HMI and DCS training?

regarss
  • ARAVIND SV
    ARAVIND SV
    HELLO sir, i am BE EEE, fresher too... and completed the course in automation learning different brands of plc, SCADA, and DCS. now iam searching for job, mostly they are recruiting for sales and services, suggest me some start up companies , so i can both earn and learn well.
  • S Deshpande
    S Deshpande
    Hello sir,
    I have done engineering in e&tc. Now I have two options either IT or core. I don't have any knowledge about IT field except C language. I like embedded and vlsi but growth in core is very slow compared to IT people. I want to join a course but lm very confused between IT and core. Please suggest me good job oriented courses in pune.
  • yashika vaish
    yashika vaish
    please tell me best plc scada institute in ncr region
  • yashika vaish
    yashika vaish
    I have done electrical engineering and want to learn plc scada please tell me good coachings in ncr .
  • RATNADEEP ANKUSH
    RATNADEEP ANKUSH
    hello sir I have completed my engineering in electronics in 2012 and automation course of PLC SCADA from PUNE and after that joined small scale industry which works on temperature parameter.Continued my job for 17 months, after 17 months i switched my job and move towards instrumentation in power sector currently working their, but after over viewing work to be performed am not satisfied even my boss and senior colleagues with my gained knowledge.
    So i decided to get more detail knowledge of process instrumentation, PLC SCADA, Drives, etc and want to start new instrumentation carrier.
    1) Am on right path...?
    2)which PLC training center should i joined.....?
    3) Is their any internship for good knowledge.....?
    ]Expecting your reply....
  • Zillu
    Zillu
    Ankita Katdare

Thanks Ankita for the reply....

Will u please share some info on good tutorials,study materials which you have mentioned in post...Can you help in filtering good docs and online trainings...as I am workings in different shifts in the company which I am working now..So can't attend courses offered from the centre....

Suggestions from others are always welcome...

Thanku...
  • Asker Khan
    Asker Khan
    I think Wartens technologies providing Good automation training. they handling about 17 types of PLC, 3 SCADA etc. and they are supporting in Placements. They placed me in ABB as Jr engineer
  • Prasenjit Roy Chowdhury
    Prasenjit Roy Chowdhury
    Is there any PLC,SCADA,DCS training center in Kolkata?
    I'm in the field of Instrumentation & Control Engineering . Want training institute which will also help to place in industrial sector .
    can anyone help me please !!!!!
  • Clam04
    Clam04
    Ankita Katdare
  • Clam04
    Clam04
    Anika ...it looks like you are the the person to go to for any information about training...I have a question..I hope you can help me ...do you know any place where I can get PLC,SCADA & DCS training in Chennai.....I will appreciate your help .....
    take care

PLC, SCADA, DCS
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# There are tons of places you can go to for PLC, SCADA and DCS training.
    Location wise, their websites and phone numbers can be gathered from the list here:
    PLC,SCADA & DCS training in Chennai - Google Search:

The course fees will range from Rs. 12000 - 15000 for a month's training or sometimes 2 months (Over the summer). PLC programming is said to be very easy and can be learnt even in a week. So, I recommend that you read as much as you can online. Take up online course (price will range for $10 to $120 depending on the extent of the topics covered). For hands-on training, you should get in touch with the institute that's closest to you. Use the medium of internet to learn at your own pace from the comfort of your own house or internet cafe. As for getting a certificate, once you are done training yourself, a month's study is enough to take any exams in those three fields, so that you have a proof of what you know. I'd recommend proving your skills by showing your own work, instead of certificates.
    Prasenjit Roy Chowdhury
    Is there any PLC,SCADA,DCS training center in Kolkata?
    Same goes for you. Some PLC, SCADA and DCS training institutes in Kolkata:
    PLC,SCADA & DCS training in Chennai - Google Search:
  • subu mani
    subu mani
    Iam interested in doing industrial automation( plc, scada, dcs etc...). but i confused with choosing the right institute. I need a institute with good teaching both in software and hardware and also has to clear my doubts whenever i required. So can any one suggest me such institutes either in Chennai or Bangalore?
  • SushantSharma2504
    SushantSharma2504
    Hey i'm and ECE grad (2016) and want to built my career in industrial automation . I am really a beginner in this field and would really appreciate if someone can help me with my doubts.
    1) What are the basics of Automation i.e) what all should i know before joining a training course so as to get 100% out of the course(I don't want to be clearing my basics during the course)
    2) Does the no. of PLC's SCADA HMI we learn really matter in the training & what are the most used PLC's scada tools in the market today.
    3) if anyone knows anything about SMEC labs. IPCS automation and OTPTC Pune please share your reviews.

Waiting for a reply
    Thanks and Regards
  • barath rajamani
    barath rajamani
    SushantSharma2504
    Hey i'm and ECE grad (2016) and want to built my career in industrial automation . I am really a beginner in this field and would really appreciate if someone can help me with my doubts.
    1) What are the basics of Automation i.e) what all should i know before joining a training course so as to get 100% out of the course(I don't want to be clearing my basics during the course)
    2) Does the no. of PLC's SCADA HMI we learn really matter in the training & what are the most used PLC's scada tools in the market today.
    3) if anyone knows anything about SMEC labs. IPCS automation and OTPTC Pune please share your reviews.

Waiting for a reply
    Thanks and Regards
    Hi,
    Its good that you want to build your career in Industrial automation.
    basics of Automation is more theoritical.. Any E&I 7th sem should have it. You will learn more about why we need it, what is the design and how the design and plan for each plant differs wrt the company's product.
    What are the communciation protocols?/comunication methods/ coding standards/coding methods like SFC, FBD, ladder etc.
    Mostly learning FoxBoro or Yokogawa DCS and Allen Bradley PLCs should be enough to give you the idea you are going to use in future.

Dunno abt institutes but check for what PLC and DCS they are giving practical courses on and how long is the course? who are joining with you (peers)? coz diploma guys joining in for these courses will be interseted more on hardware and assembling part, while engineers have to think abt process plants, factory automation , design and documentation etc.
  • mumtazmeezan123
    mumtazmeezan123
    hello i have completed my engineering in 6 years. i am an average student but intelligent. i have done electronics and communication engineering, i want to do PLC & SCADA course as i have less percentage,i wont be having much opportunities to work in India. the only option is i can try in gulf. please suggest me which course to do.
  • barath rajamani
    barath rajamani
    ok ,... if it has come down to that then go for 6 months course in more than 2 PLC and 1 DCS... then you should look out for jobs with sub contractors and vendors... search for job openings given out by small companies who hire manpower for projects in gulf.. and make sure you are employed in a proper company that pays and not some contractor who will promise paying you.. or better go only to those training institutes which has already placed few people in which case you have a clear path..
  • Rachael
    Rachael
    I think i can help you regarding this can you please send me your e mail id so that i could send you the details
    thank you
  • Rijo Martin
    Rijo Martin
    Me too is confused regarding which institution should I choose.?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Anonymous has hacked IT minister Kapil Sibal's website. The photo uploaded on his website, kapilsibalmp.com shows him playing KBC and answering the question "Which of the following is harmful to...
Sirs and madams, i'm an engineering student from the philippines and i'm a bit confused on what would be the perfect topic/prototype/project/thesis for my final year. Can anyone help me?...
Dell had promised to ship the XPS model installed with uBuntu operating system and has now launched it with a price tag of $1549. The uBuntu version that ships with...
Bollywood Actor Dino Morea is also a businessman who runs Crepe Station in Mumbai along with his brother Nicolo Morea. While Mr. Morea hasn't made it 'big' yet in Bollywood...
Hello everybody...!!! I would like to introduce myself as below: Name: Prashant C Chaturvedi Engineering Trade: Electronics & Instrumentation Location: Noida *Occupation: Working as Sr. Software Engineer in a Offshore...