Playstation Launch Date In India Is In 2013 - Confirmed!

Indian gamers should rejoice, as we speculated earlier, Sony will launch the Playstation 4 in India in this year itself. In an interview with IndianVideoGamer, Atindriya Bose, Sony's country manager for the Playstation has confirmed that the India launch date would match with European launch; which is expected to be somewhere around November 2013 [Rumor Alert: 13 November, 2013]. Mr. Bose said that the actual launch date may not be the same as European launch date considering the Indian logistics.

The consoles would be shipped much in advance but will have to undergo certification by Indian authorities (BIS?) before they can actually hit the retail stores. He is confident that the actual launch would happen in 2013 itself.

Bose pointed out that the Playstation Vita launch in India was matched with the US & Europe launch and the PS4 launch is expected to be delayed approximately by a month's time because of the certification related formalities. That's indeed an exciting news because Sony's not yet confirmed the launch date in its home country - Japan. It's well expected that most of the countries in Asia will receive PS4 in 2013 itself.

slide

We'd expect Microsoft to learn its lessons from Sony - as it did just a few days ago, eliminating their game sharing and 'internet connectivity' policies for XBOX ONE. While Sony's promising PS4 by the end of the year to most of the countries, Microsoft on the other hand seems to be focused entirely on the US and European markets. Microsoft executive has said that XBOX ONE console would make it to Asian / Indian markets no sooner than late 2014. If Microsoft sticks with the schedule, Sony would definitely have a huge head-start in all of Asia.

But that's not all! The launch prices of the consoles are different, with Sony offering the console for just $399 and Microsoft charging $100 more for the console. Read our scoop on Playstation 4 Price In India.

Bose hasn't commented on the pricing yet and we're following all the updates. As soon as we hear Sony's pricing strategy for Indian markets, we'll be the first ones to update you. As always, stay tuned!

Replies

• nishant arora
    nishant arora
    Exciting times indeed! I'll definitely cancel my amazon pre-order if its close to the U.S. price and release. I just can't wait to get my hands on one of those PS4's although the only game I'm dying to play is watch dogs which sadly isn't a next gen exclusive so don't have high hopes with respect to graphics but I sure hope its fun as hell.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello, I am doing my final year of engineering in computer Science. I would like to work in embedded systems for my final year project but i have few questions...
Bajaj has launched KTM 390 Duke in Indian markets. The bike's conceived and developed at Bajaj facilities in India and is said to be highly localized. The price of Bajaj...
can you help me about our capstone? it's a project where we design our own structural building. and We need to involve some factors that could bring a problem to...
Do you plan to visit or study in the UK? Be ready to throw £3,000 right away to the British Government. By the end of this year - every visitor...
Scientists & engineers at Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) have been working on the the Mars Orbiter Mission aka MOM for several months now and it's expected that the 'Mangalyaan'...