PlayStation 5 & Xbox Two Are Likely - Manufacturers Want Control Of The Platform

Okay, we didn't make up that headline, except the 'Playstation 5' & 'Xbox Two' names; but the later part of the headline comes directly from the man who observes the gaming industry closer than you or us. Ubisoft's CEO, Yves Guillemot, in an interview with #-Link-Snipped-# has said that he does not expect the next generation of the gaming consoles to be the last one as the manufacturers will want to retain the platform control. Guillemot said, "I still think it is not the last generation, because the manufacturers want a way to control their platform and the machine is the best way to have a specific access to that."

ps5-xbox2

He also mentioned that the cloud will change a few things. With the advantages of cloud and increased bandwidth are likely to impact the quality of future games. He expects a period of 5 years would be the right timing for it.

Five years, is what he thinks any console generation should last. Each of the previous generation of gaming console has lasted for close to a decade. Why so long you may ask? The game development for any platform typically takes 2-3 years to make and if a platform has to get wider choice of games, it should last at least for a decade. We believe that with the sophistication in technology, if the time for the launch of the games can be reduced, the hardware manufacturers will be able to deliver a better platform every 5 years and still have plenty of titles to offer for each of the generation.

Would you like to have PlayStation 5 or Xbox Two in 2018? Share your comments below.

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Definitely I opt for playstation 5 because of the ease of control and variety of games in the platform.
    We dont want a quick and ugly platform,we need better and quality console.So waiting for a better gaming console is not a big thing.
    We need games of different genres.
  • prahu mac
    prahu mac
    yeah may be or may be not!!!!!!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Though it's prominently listed on the site, I wanted to start a discussion on the same. I'd be interested to know how many engineering students on this site are taking...
There are lot of discussions for DAC and DESD course, but i need to know about WiMC course and its placement scenario/opportunities. I appeared for CDAC july 2013 and my...
Apple recently announce the refreshed MacBook Air 2013 with a brand new Intel Haswell processor and 9-12 hours of battery life. While the Apple branded laptops have received all thumbs...
Okay, I'm looking for the top line 2.1 computer speaker system available in Indian markets. After a lot of research, I've almost zeroed down on Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers. I'm...
With dominating presence of open source Mobile OS. Don't you think it would be great if we have choice to install any mobile operating system on a blank hardware just...