PlayStation 4 Tech Specs Leaked | Awesome System | Q4, 2013

Guys, a real-looking photograph outs the following tech specs for the upcoming game console from Sony - the mighty Play Station 4. I don't know whether the document attached is real or just a creation of some smartass - but it aligns with the earlier leaked specs of the PlayStation 4 system. Sony will likely release this system in Q4 of 2013, but I promise if the specs are true; I'll queue in front of Sony Stores right away

PlayStation 4 Tech Specs

CPU: 22nm Cell Broadband Engine X Processor @ 3.2 GHz with 16 PPEs and 128 SPEs
GPU: 22nm Custom NVIDIA [ No AMD Love? ] SCB Quantum Leap GPU @ 2GHz based on GK104 x2 Kepler Architecture.
Memory: 10 GB XDR2 + 10 GB GDDR6 (Fishy?)
Storage: 250 GB / 320 GB H-HDD (Upgradable)
Operating System: Sony Aether GUI
Max Video Resolution: 2160p 2D, 1080 3D . All PS4 games must be rendered at least at 1080 Full HD @ 30 fps 2D and 1080p @ 30 fps 30D.
Max Audio Channels: 11.1
Media Formats: PS4 Game Disc, PS3 Game Disc, PS2 Game Disc, PS Game Disc, HD Blu-Ray Disc
Controller Input: Dual Shock 4, Dual Shock 3, PS Iris, PS Vita, PS Omni, PS Certified Xperia and Tablet Devices, PS Move, PS Eye, SixAxis, Keyboard, Mouse
Connectivity: USB 3.0, HDMI 1.4 (CEC), Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g/n, DLNA, Ethernet, Playstation Vita memory cards, MMC/SD/SDHC/SDXC and XQD Memory Cards Support.

PS4-Specs

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    That is incredible. But 20 GB of RAM?! 😲
    If we see at the controller input, there is PS Iris. Could that be something similar to the camera system in Xbox's Kinect?
    What do you guys say?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    XBox 720 is rumored to have similar tech-specs in terms of GPU. But 20 GB of memory is going to kill the competition - FOREVER! Trust me, if the specs are true; I'll be one of the first ones to grab the console. I'll even start saving for it right away 😉 .

Sony *MUST* deliver something that makes people drop jaws! The PS3, even with its all awesomeness is making loss and PS2 is making profits to the Japanese Electronic giant. The competition is going to be very very tough for the next consoles from all the three leading companies viz. Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo.

Sony typically targets a 10 year product life cycle for Playstation brand. The next PS console has to keep in mind the ever accelerating growth in the graphics. NVIDIA and AMD are both out-innovating each other every day and using today's chipsets to deliver tomorrow's performance is going to be a very big challenge for all the game console makers.

Sony has to turn PS into a profit making business and they just can't take any chances with Playstation 4. But I never thought they'd go this far in setting up hardware benchmarks. I just hope they use a better GPU 😉

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi frndz I m Vivek kumar ,a student of computer science engineering at bhubaneswar. I love programming and desperate to learn as much as i can.And i hope i would...
why we are use in multiple of 11 kv in transmission
shud i prefer college over stream or stream over college.......for doing engineering
i did my BE... now doing my ME in mechatronics... i'm searching for some good idea for doing ME project whic should be an preparatory for my Ph.D., in the...
now doing my ME in mechatronics... i'm searching for some good idea for doing ME project whic should be an preparatory for my Ph.D., in the field of PROCESS CONTROL>>>.......